Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fella's, how is everyone?

I've got an 95 EF Falcon I6, with extractors, exhaust and chipped. Thinking of getting a cam change soon, and a 3 inch pipe from the airbox to the throttle body soon, just for fun.

Has any one fitted one of those Craig David Electric Water pumps? If they have are they worth the 10-15 Kw (and $300) thats claimed from replacing the existing water pump?

Cheers,
Ftrfuzz.

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
I had an electric water pump installed in my ED XR8. Dyno runs were done before and after with an increase of only 2-5kw. Three months later, it seized and Davis Craig replaced it. The second one lasted the next 12 months. After that I threw it out and bought a new standard water pump. Davis Craig also threatened legal action against autospeed magazine if they published their results of these pumps.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks EDXR8, and I was going to buy one of those things!!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
ftrfuzz said:
Hey fella's, how is everyone?

I've got an 95 EF Falcon I6, with extractors, exhaust and chipped. Thinking of getting a cam change soon, and a 3 inch pipe from the airbox to the throttle body soon, just for fun.

Has any one fitted one of those Craig David Electric Water pumps? If they have are they worth the 10-15 Kw (and $300) thats claimed from replacing the existing water pump?

Cheers,
Ftrfuzz.
ftrfuzz,
Good to see another EF owner on the Forums, go the EF's.
:D :D

Sheeez a water pump increasing 10-15kw's, wattle they think of next... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
A turbo alternator perhaps that feeds back into the induction type thingemejig.... :nuts: :nuts:

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
apparently the water pump takes a heap of power out of the motor just by pushing all that water around ... but looks like the thoery and practice don't gel ....

·
"Tickford- Own the road"
299 Posts
My advice is to stick to the original pump. They last longer, and obviously reliable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts