Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i have ordered electric windows to install in the front of my EA fairmont which dusnt have them atm. what is involved in wiring them up? any wiring diagrams? and any other info you have to make it easier for me.
thanks

·
EB wagon
932 Posts
Depends if your car has the wiring there already? If it does, you just plug in the connectors. If it doesnt then u need to run wires thru the doors to the centre console. I did this on my EB.... fairly easy.

Brent

·
Registered
295 Posts
Great burden's think alike. Sorry my last name is burden (fairly uncommon) and i just finished fittind them to my EA on the weekend. The thick grey and yellow wire is power. Brown is for illumination (cigarette lighters in the back doors) Black is earth then all you need to do is get the harness from a wrecker or something. Are the winders new? If not check the cables for damage near where they go into the motors. All i did was cut the harness up , got rid of the central locking and alarm/power window wires so it was neater going through the doors. There are large rubber grommets on the doors which i cut length ways to feed the plugs through easily. The grommets still go in fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts