Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, this is starting to shite me!

For a few weeks now, well ever since I got the car I've had this maze of electrical problems.

First off, an aftermarket alarm decided to shut the lot off, so we ripped that out.
Then it kept playing up, every now and again the car simply doesn't start. Sometimes starter motor solenoid clicks, sometimes the starter motor wurrs then dies. Every now and again Smartlock will flash error code 4 at me (something to do with the wiring?), then the Smartlock light stays on until I kill the engine and start over.
Last week, the car wouldn't start at all. I replaced the battery, didn't start first try, started second go.

Then today, I go to start the car after I've checked the spark plugs, first try, nothing. Second try she leaps into life. Go out for a drive later on, starts fine, starts fine on my second leg of the journey. Going round a corner, total loss of power steering, once I get it up a driveway I notice the engine and all electrics are dead. Put it into park and starts up fine. Third leg, starts fine, a few times on the way home the radio and climate control go off and the Smartlock light stays on, goes away after a few seconds, usually when I hit a bump. Didn't get a chance to whack the dash to see if that got the light off.

Now all this at least says my starter motor isn't to blame as I first suspected. My ideas so far are battery leads and the Smartlock modual/wiring.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Just pull the dash out, and look it all over, dash removal is a piece of cake :0) , done it a few times now

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, and the alternator light comes on before I fire her up, that's normal right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts