Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Here's another question that you guys might can help me with ,I have a 92 tempo less than a 100,000 miles I decided to fix the thing up make me an runaround car with :) My questions is theres a hose that comes from the center of the valve cover goes to the front of the left strut tower , Its actually 3 hoses , Now the question is what do these hoses hook to since someone has removed the bracket ,I know its has something to do with emissions but I need to know what the part is called that those hoses hook to , How many switches or what does that bracket hold ,Looks like 2 and theres also a wire that looks like it plugs into it , Hope you can help me , By the way its has a 2.3 engine in it , Thanks :) Reed

·
Registered
182 Posts
You should pic it.

The only hose coming out of the VC should be PCV out to intake and possibly the 3 hoses go to that and another single hose out of VC that goes directly to the airbox. The 3 hoses likely started somewhere else and somebody modded there, they generally go to a plastic manifold bolted to the firewall and the supply vacuum to that comes from the intake. The plastic manifold tends to break over the years and somebody removed those hoses to then put them elsewhere maybe. Does the heater and a/c work correctly? As one of the hoses is supply vacuum to the HVAC door control unit.

The front of left strut tower holds the EGR vacuum regulator and some hosing goes to the carbon canister under the front of driver fender too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts