Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys, i am not a mechanic at all so forgive me please. My 2012 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost V6 motor threw a bearing and looks and sounds like its gonna need a new motor. Problem is i see a TON of 3.7 Liter at alot less money than mine. Some websites say the 3.7 liter will work but i need some objective advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
19,443 Posts
You could also get an estimate from a good machine shop / reconditioner for overhauling your own engine . If not viable they can usually guide you on alternatives .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could also get an estimate from a good machine shop / reconditioner for overhauling your own engine . If not viable they can usually guide you on alternatives .
Your message starts out with "you could also" which leads me to believe there is more to read but i dont see anything else other than this response. What about the question about 3.7 liter fitting my truck, any comment there?

·
Super Moderator
19,443 Posts
Your message starts out with "you could also" which leads me to believe there is more to read but i dont see anything else other than this response. What about the question about 3.7 liter fitting my truck, any comment there?
It was an alternative suggestion to your blown engine which would negate any possible problems if replacing with the 3.7 .

P.s
Double posting doesn't help in getting replies .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was an alternative suggestion to your blown engine which would negate any possible problems if replacing with the 3.7 .

P.s
Double posting doesn't help in getting replies .
Ok, understand the double posting, just very frustrated with this whole situation

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
They’re part of the same engine family so yes it will work however its not plug and play. The path of least resistance would be to get another 3.5 in good condition and install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts