Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i bought a bare block to start my engine build, i have no external bolts for accessories etc. is there somewhere that will tell me what size, thread they are? bolts like sump intake manifold exhaust manifold front cover etc.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Dunno if it helps, but in the US, you can buy bolt kits containing all the right sizes, etc... but it might be cheaper to buy a stuffed clevo, and pinch the bolts from that.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah ive seen them kits, around $200 in black oxide from a speed shop. ive seen a stainless set once on ebay for $90 but was too stupid to bid!!

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Rare Spares...have em!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
All bolts will be UNC. They will range from 5/16 through to 1/2 inch. You can either go to a wrecker and get a full set nice and cheap or simply buy the sets. These sets can be bought as head bolts, big end bolts and main bearing bolts from ARP ( recommend these ones) and the others namely water pump, inlet manifold and exhaust can be bought new but cheaper than the ARP's along with the sump and rocker cover bolts.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Or try one of the major hardware shops, dunno what you have over there but I get bolts from Rudd's Farm supplies for a few cents each - just borrow some bolts and go hunting :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts