Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am living in Europe/Netherlands and I bought my first Ford car - Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost 2012.

I did complete service like oil replacement, filters etc, at official Ford dealer about a month ago, after 2 weeks of driving my oil lamp started flashing and got an engine failure while driving on a highway.

Road assistance did reset the computer errors so I can bring the car to the same official Ford dealer that did the service. There was a bit of drama for two days but at the end they said that the oil injection in the engine is broken (basically I drove the car without oil or something) and the engine needs to be replaced completely, cost of ~ 6000$ in total.

Anyway, this is my first Ford car ever and I am really happy with it, but I don't know too much in deep about ford engines so I want to ask you ford fellas about this model.

I was told that parts of this model of engine cannot be repaired i.e the oil injection set and the whole engine needs to be replaced.
I am not sure if this is correct, kinda refuse to believe in it ? Can someone shed some light if he/she knows more about it? :)

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Angel

·
Super Moderator
19,459 Posts
So much wrong with this , but hard to advise without all facts .Not knowing what fault codes road assistance found doesn't help either .Seems strange they cleared codes with an oil light on and let you continue driving as does the fault developing shortly after an oil and filter change .That car has been subject to many engine failures , updates and recalls .One of the recalls was for engine failure due to the degas pipe causing coolant loss due to leak but other problems also .This resulted in many repairs and engine replacements being carried out under warranty . That's a lot of money to have to lay out for repairs but not uncommon .This site in the UK lets you check out any recalls and updates but not sure if it will work in the Netherlands .If you could get a written report and more details on what caused the failure , it may help you in getting some contribution from Ford towards repair costs though maybe unlikely due to year .

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle/safety-recalls

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was busy dealing dealing with insurances and legal so far, but what I learned is that the problem is oil pressure.

Worse part is that I was allowed to drive the car with oil pressure issue potentially leading to engine breakdown beyond repair - still not sure about this one.

A so called 'third-party car expert' arranged by the insurance company needs to the determine the engine damage but I am loosing hope that it can be repaired. All I hear is that Ford does not provide spare parts.

These are the OBD errors codes I got from the road assistance service the second time when they towed the car to the ford garage.

P000A:71-6C

P00039:73-6C

:frown2:

So much wrong with this , but hard to advise without all facts .Not knowing what fault codes road assistance found doesn't help either .Seems strange they cleared codes with an oil light on and let you continue driving as does the fault developing shortly after an oil and filter change .That car has been subject to many engine failures , updates and recalls .One of the recalls was for engine failure due to the degas pipe causing coolant loss due to leak but other problems also .This resulted in many repairs and engine replacements being carried out under warranty . That's a lot of money to have to lay out for repairs but not uncommon .This site in the UK lets you check out any recalls and updates but not sure if it will work in the Netherlands .If you could get a written report and more details on what caused the failure , it may help you in getting some contribution from Ford towards repair costs though maybe unlikely due to year .

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle/safety-recalls

1 - 3 of 3 Posts