Ford Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The XA drags on towards completion .. been putting the new cam and heads on whilst the motor is out of the car ... a few pics at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bourman/engine.htm

estimating (conservative ) 340 hp (255 kw ) at 6000 rpm. COME ( as in Chev Off Road And Marine Engines ) of all people have supplied the cam and have done the heads. Whatever extra cost they charge is offset by being so damned close! CLS 108 cam (basically a copy of the Crane F238) solids, screw in studs, guide plates, roller rockers.
I found that a Fel Pro gasket kit is a little short on the 'kit' part ... need extractor gaskets and inlet manifold gaskets as well as the bloody 'kit'
Hope to have motor finished during week .. maybe in on sunday .. see what happens!

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Very good, hope to see it on the road soon XA Coupe.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
That is looking good and the power figure sound pretty good as well. These guys at COME seem to have a good rep. I have heard some of the LS1 guys talk about them.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
COME aren't cheap but their work is 1st class and the only other person I would have do anything to my car bits is in frankston ...1 1.2 hours if I get too many red lights ... as I always do :(

Manifole and roller rockers went on today ... dizzy goes in tomorrow and then I think about putting it back in the car!

·
Registered
154 Posts
How long does it take you to get to Frankston..... Once did Frankston to Lorne St (just of StKilda Rd) in 36 minutes in my 84 Laser....

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man .. you must have had that POS wound up !:D :D :D :D

It usually takes me well over an hour .. these days I cruise and just accept every godam red light :D

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
XA coupe said:
broke a bolt putting the clutch on :( :( :(

another day down the gurgler

not the one through your neck i hope!!:D

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
(ignoring botch :D )

Finally got the [email protected]#$%^rd in ... not finished but bolted in .. nearly borught a tear to my eye after all the frustration ... spose it's still got to start yet !;)

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
your the only bloke i know that has to pull the grill out to fit an engine:D :D :D

by the way i can see where you've superglued the head of the bolt on:p to make it look like its meant to be there

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
twit :D I have a bad habit of leaning over/on the grille ... its nearly history as it is so I took it off so I wouldnt break it !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
botch said:
looks like youll have to lay off the spagetti bol and beer 4 a while!

or at least until the XA's finished:D
fix icq botch .. I definitely want to abuse you in person !!:D :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts