Ford Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The XA drags on towards completion .. been putting the new cam and heads on whilst the motor is out of the car ... a few pics at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bourman/engine.htm

estimating (conservative ) 340 hp (255 kw ) at 6000 rpm. COME ( as in Chev Off Road And Marine Engines ) of all people have supplied the cam and have done the heads. Whatever extra cost they charge is offset by being so damned close! CLS 108 cam (basically a copy of the Crane F238) solids, screw in studs, guide plates, roller rockers.
I found that a Fel Pro gasket kit is a little short on the 'kit' part ... need extractor gaskets and inlet manifold gaskets as well as the bloody 'kit'
Hope to have motor finished during week .. maybe in on sunday .. see what happens!

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Very good, hope to see it on the road soon XA Coupe.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
COME aren't cheap but their work is 1st class and the only other person I would have do anything to my car bits is in frankston ...1 1.2 hours if I get too many red lights ... as I always do :(

Manifole and roller rockers went on today ... dizzy goes in tomorrow and then I think about putting it back in the car!

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
your the only bloke i know that has to pull the grill out to fit an engine:D :D :D

by the way i can see where you've superglued the head of the bolt on:p to make it look like its meant to be there

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.