Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I floor it on the highway or start going up this really steep hill to get on the highway the engine cuts out and almost stalls is that caused by clogged injectors or fuel filters?

·
F-250 Member
42 Posts
well from my limited experience i would get the chiltons manual for the truck and try and chase down the problem. OR test the eec power relay ( that helps power the injectors) and id check the fuel filters to make sure there not clogged hope this little advice helps in any way

·
Bronco Member
40 Posts
i've been reading up a bit on engines and thought maybe it could be a spark problem, such as misfiring, which i think causes a loss of power... this is just a guess though

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had similar problems on other vehicles there are only a few things that it could be : the fuel filter needs replacement, you may have a build up in you line to the injectors, or you are getting water in your air intake.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is it only when you stomp the gas or just normal acceleration? If it just when you nail it, maybe your ignition timing is a little retarded. Never hurts to check it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts