Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Asplund chipper that has a Ford V8 in it. I've figured out that it's an FE I'm just not sure what year or the displacement. The bellhousing has ears on either side to mount the motor to the frame and has a date code of J141 on it. The passenger side head has C8AEH on it but the drivers side head in the same location only has what looks like the ford logo. The intake manifold is a 2bbl and has the code D5TE 9425 on it. I pulled a plug and did a rudimentary measurement on the stroke and it's about 3.5 inches..There some numbers under the oil filter adapter on the block... not sure what they mean but here is a picture of that area.. any ideas or something else I can look at to help?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,785 Posts
My guess would be a 352 or a 360, the head is for an FE. Of course it also depends on the accuracy of your measurement, the stroke difference between the various FE's is only about a quarter of an inch with the exception to the 428 which was almost a half inch longer in stroke.The 360 was introduced in 68 and was specifically built for trucks with heavier internal bearings. Depending on age, I'd lean toward the 360.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in doing some more reading it seems that the block casting date is march or july of 1971 which would probably make the block a 360...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts