Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there an easy way to change them over? im really sus bout my engine poppin out of the engine bay and hittin the bonnet!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Won't happen.
But, the easiest way is to stick a big piece of wood under the sump bulge and jack it up. You will possibly have to undo the exhaust pipe from the extractors.
The bulge will ordinarily take the weight, however you would of course want to watch it carefully just in case ;)

Alex

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
yeah jack the car up at the engine just enough to take the weight of the engine (NOT THE CAR). remove the bolts lift the engine a tad, remove mounts. Its quite easy.

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just been lying under my car to check the mounts, and i can see a way to change the exhaust side one, but the inlet one looks impossible! id have to remove the oil filter, and then see if i can do it. so ill wait till next oil change in 4500ish kays.
i put the car on ramps to check the diff as it had been maing awful noises, turned out to be a knackered uni joint, the 2 cups in the tailshaft side had no needles in the and was loose as a goose. and id been chirping 2nd before i put it up on ramps! geeez i was lucky it didt let go!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Hehe yeah you were :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
lucky indeed i hated doing the mpfi ea i had passengers side is B.S no room to move..

reminds me of my V8 *winks*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts