Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mod/Multicar Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive seen this one posted on a couple of other boards and it seemed to have done well, so i thought i'd try it here. what does everyone use for oil? the 300 six in my truck is tired and burns oil so i buy the cheap stuff from walmart. i run valvoline 10w30 in my 79 f100 and in my wifes cadillac.

·
Multi Ford Member
28 Posts
In my 91 Bronco,302, my 89 LSC, 302 hipo, and my 74 f100, 390, I use Mystik 15/50. In my 98 Ranger,3.0, I use 15/40 Pennzoil, In my 00 Dakota,3.9 and 98 Cougar, I use Mobil One. Different oils for different types of usage. The Dak and Cougar get the wheels run off 'em.

M

·
0 Posts
I break them in on Valvoline in whatever weight is recommended, and once I feel they have stopped increasing in gas mileage and performance, I switch to Mobile 1. I think they break in faster and better on standard dino oil. The only thing I run heavier than 10W-30 in is in my Harley. I run straight 50W Castrol GTX in it.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
I used to use Castol Syntec 10w-30, but I've lately been using Mobil 1 since it tested out just slightly better.

Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Tang Pgt
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing