Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Taurus Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend a company that sells rebuild kits for a 200 cu. in. '68 coupe. How hard is it to do this yourself? The only experience I have w/ engines is tune-ups and oil changes.

Oh I just finished detailing my engine bay. She started right up after letting her sit and dry up. But died and hasn't started up since. Is there anything I can check to find out what is wrong? I can't even hear the starter trying turn, when I crank the ignition.

·
Vintage Mustang Member
70 Posts
You'll need to have a machine shop do work on your block and cylinder head. You might check with whomever does that work locally and get their recommendation. Overboring the block, undersizing the crank, preparing the cylinder head, etc. are all things you probably can't do yourself.

·
Taurus Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I want to have the engine blue printed and balanced, too so I knew I had to take them some of the parts. :s1

·
Vintage Mustang Member
70 Posts
While "balancing and blueprinting" are recommended for high RPM engine in race or heavy duty applications, do this to a six cylinder is overkill in my opinion. You may find that it is pretty expensive too.

·
Taurus Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every where I have read recommended it, but the engines they were talking about were v8s. I see how much it costs, if its to much then I will skip the blue print and balance.

G

·
Yeah, I agree with superdave. Not really worth the money for what you get out of it on a lower performance engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts