Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 vic touring sedan with a 4.6 and i was wondering if a 5.0 from a mustang would fit without doing any fabraction.

·
I eat glue
36 Posts
If I'm correct, you will have to change the brain, wireing harnes for the 4.6 to the 5.0, fuses, and perhaps air induction system. 1992 CVs came with a 4.6 or a 5.0 (some other engine sizes but I dont remember). The 5.0 from a mustang will have differnt engine mounts. You should be able to get away with useing 1989-1992 CV 5.0 engine mounts same goes for trans mounts. Heck, go to a junkyard and pull all the electronics of a rear end collison car (be prepared to spend $$$ on new sesnors) and swap it all, it will fit then. Its easy to swap the electronics when the motor is out (just incase you didnt know :p). Just make positive the 5.0 you have is not a dud (never go by what the seller says unless their a dealer with a return). I got a 1988 mustang 5.0 in the back yard and paid $700 for it, the seller said it was sweet and smooth, always changed oil. Well its crap, 2 pistons shot, intake gaskets cracked, 2 blown injectors and striped trans bolt to boot. Its collecting dust and rust now. check www.car-part.com or if any one else knows of a better place for the mounts and some times entire wiring harness with brains. I really suggest just getting a CVs 5.0 with harness and replace it (do not splice waires, the plugs are there for a reason). If I'm wrong please some one correct me, I don't want any thing going wrong. Laterz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts