Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few month's ago I found out that the "SVT" program sell's engine's. I am a Ford employee and didn't know this. I contacted them through a rep. at work to possibly build me a monster big block. They said they would set me up with a 512 cu.in. aluminum beast that I wanted for a 57 Fairlane project That I had hoped to start this summer, but due to health problem's it never got started.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still want to build the 57,but I have to sell the drag car I have.I've been staying in touch with the "SVT" team.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For what all I would get, yes. They priced me an all aluminum block and head's, steel stroker crank, CompCam's roller camshaft w/kit, roller rocker arm's, valve train stud girdle, main cap stud girdle, 8qt. oil pan, electric water pump, tilton high torque starter, Gary Dyer 8-71 blower,w/twin Holley carb's, Hooker super comp. header's to fit a 57 chassis, everything test run and Dyno tested. For $7,200 plus shipping. I think it's a hell'va deal.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally I thought it was great. The small block in my race car was nearly $13,000

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, sorry. Due to my medical problem's I never bought it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts