Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lost in FF
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i'm looking at buying a nice xe 351. i went and looked at it today
has original globes on it, what would these be worth if i was to sell them??

thanks chris

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Need more info,are you sure they are original one's,can you get a pic of them,
In fair to good condition which most of them are in these day's, they can fetch around $500 each for the original's.

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
Depends what year car they came off. Most of them have the year cast into them don't they Galaxy? So if you where to find that they had ??/71 on the inside of them you might get big bucks for them.

·
Lost in FF
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i'll have a check, ummm how doi check if they are original.. i'm only going off what i was told, still have to check the car over closer yet. will be going to have another look at it again today

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Yes that's right apollo, look for the yr cast into the back of them,they will also have little star's cast into were the yr is, if they are ''72 they are very rare and a little more expensive then say one's that are ''74-''76,the ''72 one's have a smaller centre hub (2.5inch ) I think, were as the later one's all had the bigger centre (2.3/4),they also should have globe in AUS cast into the back of them,now, from the front the spoke's should not meet the centre circle evenly, the centre circle is raised and there is no lip for the weight's to mount onto,they are flat were as the fake's have a extra lip so you could mount the weight's and also just check to see that all the number's match up if they are a set.cheer's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts