Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
F100 351
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had any experience with a stock 351 2v oc heads using a cam similar to the old TQ20
would like to know how this combo would work with the f100 for towing. i know a smaller cam is better suited for low end torque but i've heard of the
tq20 combo working well.

cheers kris

·
Registered
72 Posts
F100kls said:
has anyone had any experience with a stock 351 2v oc heads using a cam similar to the old TQ20
would like to know how this combo would work with the f100 for towing. i know a smaller cam is better suited for low end torque but i've heard of the
tq20 combo working well.

cheers kris
it was my 1st experiment with a 351 clevo ,15 years or so ago,and i remember slotting a genuine sig erson cam in a tired 260,000k engine along with a new timing chain set and lifters of course,boy did it wake up that 351 or what.!!Great pulling power,nice lope at idle and good top end considering what it actually was..My advice: it'll certainly work well with minimal mods i.e 650 holley and extractors..:hy:

·
F100 351
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds interesting, do you have the specs for that cam? i'm trying to find it but i'm getting a couple of different grinds on the net

·
Registered
72 Posts
F100kls said:
sounds interesting, do you have the specs for that cam? i'm trying to find it but i'm getting a couple of different grinds on the net
ok,the actual specs on sig-erson tq-20 are as follows:

.517" LIFT INT/EXH
292 DEGREES-ADVERTISED DURATION
214 DEGREES DURATION @.50" LIFT- INT/EXH
112 -DEGREES OF LOBE SEPERATION

·
F100 351
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they're the ones i've found but there were also the tq-20m and tq-20h. i guess they're same grind but for different motors

·
Registered
47 Posts
F100kls said:
they're the ones i've found but there were also the tq-20m and tq-20h. i guess they're same grind but for different motors
THE "M" IS MECHANICAL / THE "H" IS FOR HYD WHY NOT USE A SPLIT PATTERN CAM YOU WILL MAKE MORE POWER AND TORQUE SAY 204/214 AT 050
ALKY

·
Registered
661 Posts
I,ve used one before in a 4v engine i had years ago. It was a good street cam. the tq2o IS a small cam. With 520 lift and 214 @ 50 it will suit your purposes quite well.

·
F100 351
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ALKY said:
WHY NOT USE A SPLIT PATTERN CAM YOU WILL MAKE MORE POWER AND TORQUE SAY 204/214 AT 050
ALKY
yeah i've seen those numbers with crane cams. i think intake was .484
and exh was a smidge over .500 lift

·
Registered
72 Posts
ALKY said:
THE "M" IS MECHANICAL / THE "H" IS FOR HYD WHY NOT USE A SPLIT PATTERN CAM YOU WILL MAKE MORE POWER AND TORQUE SAY 204/214 AT 050
ALKY
In theory,split duration should make more power due to the clevo's weak exhaust flow,but i know of plenty of single pattern cams that make more power and torque than a split pattern!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts