Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days ago my Ford Escape stalled while driving to work..no power...no brakes...I was lucky to stop without hurting myself and others....My Ford Dealership pretended not to be aware of this problem.I actually did some investigating on the Internet and through clubs and found that this is not a new problem and that apparently it is a bad relay switch...the techs can just tap it to see if it stalls... I had to bring the solution to them...I urge anyone out there who has had this problem...GET IT TAKEN CARE OF...have the check the relay that goes to the main computer...Someone is going to get hurt or even die...I can't believe Ford has not recalled the car...I thank the people at the yahoo ford escape club for their help...

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Well like any manufacturer they wont do a recall untill it its BIG problem. Cheaper to wait till it happens for a few and fix it then to go ahead to do a recall on all of them now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife had the same problem on our month and a half old Escape yesterday. Thanks for the heads-up!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.