Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thing that caught my attention straight off was the number of Mercs on the roads over here! In London they're everywhere!!
The best looking autos on the roads over here are without a doubt the new audi's, BM's and also the focus and new mondeo. New mondeo interior is pretty swish too. If the AV's gunna head down these lines then we should be in for a spivvy car for sure. The older Fords' (pre '97 or so) look like buckets of crap. The best thing to hit Ford over here was 'edge' styling. They look much smarter on the road then most of the competition.
The amount of vectra's on the road is staggering! Nearly every 4th or 5th car is one. Some of the funniest sights I've seen so far is foks heading off on holidays with their caravans. Only thing is they're being towed by cars like Mondeo's, Vectra's, Astra's and the like. Funniest sights I've seen for ages I tells ya!!
We were walking down Park Lane in London when we arrived and nearly fell ass over when we passed a Mclaren shop. Guess what was sitting in the window... Yup.. a Mclaren F1. Just sitting in the shop window. Fuggin unbelievable!!! We're gunna head back and take some video of it later. You should see this thing. Sex on wheels for sure...
The Omega is a dead ringer for the Commode too. Definately in a smaller class, much the same size as the Vectra. Different front and rear treatment, but you can see where the genes have come from. Very Interesting car perving over here that's for sure.. :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Ford Man, how common are Range Rovers there??? I'm guessing the Ford Sierra RS 500 should be around. Also have you seen my dream car anywhere a Wine Red Jaguar XJ200???

Sounds like the cars you spotted are in "The Bill" on ABC. :D :D :D Except for the McLaren F1. I saw that in Sydney in a special car shw and must say it's nice, but XJ220 is better.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
How much is the MacF1?:D We should all chip in for a group purchase :D;) :cool:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Ford Man, how common are Range Rovers there??? I'm guessing the Ford Sierra RS 500 should be around. Also have you seen my dream car anywhere a Wine Red Jaguar XJ200???
To be honest I've only seen 1 Rangie and only about 4 or 5 Sierra's. Saw an X-Type today on the motorway. Very nice bit of kit let me tell you... ;)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Martin said:
How much is the MacF1?:D We should all chip in for a group purchase :D;) :cool:
£1.2 million I reckon. Security on the building is pretty amazing too..

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just another thought..

The last few days in Ireland and here in Wales I've seen a car called a Vauxhaul Carlton. It's a bit bigger than the Omega but I did a double take when I first saw it 'cause I swore blind it was a VN Commode. Absolute spitting image of 'em.
Toyota have a model over here called an Avensis. Around the same size as a Camry but the styling is much much nicer. The sedan looks like a winner for sure. Seen a fair few of 'em too so they must sell ok in these parts..

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
Hey Chucky, have you seen my parents at all?, my dad's short, greying hair and likes to sing!!!, wait a minute that describes about 40% of the population. Hope you are enjoying the Welsh sunshine, if you were there on that afternoon that is - lol. I think those Carlton's are regarded as 'Huge' cars, anything over 2 litres is regarded as a gas gusler, much too big!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts