Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, props to Ford for engineering the evaporator core inside of the engine bay, where it can be easily(?) accessed. (I'm used to tearing apart dashes to get to them.

So question: How do you go about accessing the evap core to check for leaks? Anybody have a factory service manual available?

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
Its a pain to get to. I just replaced mine in my 87 grand marquis and literally had to pry it out. There are screws that hold the two halves of the enclosure its in but mine still didnt seperate so I had to use a breaker bar.

The far easier way to find out is to run uv dye in the system and watch the drain line. The evaporator will leak into the enclosure and out the drain line along with the dye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a pain to get to. I just replaced mine in my 87 grand marquis and literally had to pry it out. There are screws that hold the two halves of the enclosure its in but mine still didnt seperate so I had to use a breaker bar.

The far easier way to find out is to run uv dye in the system and watch the drain line. The evaporator will leak into the enclosure and out the drain line along with the dye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotcha. Where's the drain line located? Underneath the evap core?

·
Super Moderator
796 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
acklac7
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing