Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of us drive ex-police cars now and how many have you owned all together? I for one Now drive a 1997 Ford Crown victoria Police Interceptor.Befor that i drove a 1996 Chevy 9C1 Caprice (LT1) And before that i drove a 1991 Chevy 9C1 Caprice (LO5 350) The 97' and 96' were both ex-Buffalo NY Police cars and the 91' was a ex-NY state Police car.Beleave it or not the 91' 9C1 was by far the best running and handeling car out of all 3!! I bought that 91' for $1,500 w/ 195,000 miles on her.When i sold er she had 230,000 in it and was still just as good as the day i bought it! My next goal is to get a 99' or newr CVPI.I have rode in a few and WOW much better!! I must have one! I have been a huge fan of police cars since i was 15 and that is all i will ever drive.My 97' is still going stroung w/ minamal problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm? Guess this didn't go anywere lol.This has got to be the slowest forum i have ever been in!! Im getting real close to leaving it if sh*t don't start to pick up!!

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Do you buy them from auctions or privately?

I don't know anything about crown victoria's as we dont get them here in Australia. What engine does it have??

I've owned one ex cop car, but had lots of problems with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far i have got these cars that i have owned from private owners.The Ford Crown victoria Police Interceptor has a 4.6L SOHC V8 with dual exaust.Rated from 210-240 HP and 275-285 ft.lb. of tq.Some of the ex-police cars you will see may be more beaten than others.Its all on what you want and how much money you have to spend on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts