Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excellent Herald Sun article involving Geoff

In Firdays Herald Sun, was an outstanding article about the production line at Ford and Geoff role and management style within the company.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The above photo was taken on one of the days that Geoff dons the coveralls aprox every two weeks to visit the troops.

I also read in and article not long ago the reference to the Ford boss as the "fat controller" Now I ask you?? Notice how all studs on overall are buttoned! I also notice a small liking to Aussie Joe Bugner.

Like I said it is a great article made even better by the fact the my good mate Paul had nothing to do with it. He was off on Holden business else where in the Drive section

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
are you sure that isn't the Herald Sun?

i just cant find the article that's all.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yes it is the Herald sun. Working on an Age article and got the names mixed up. Sorry will edit it out!

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
That is a great image, that photo. Great to see him donning the gear, and not trying to do the job in his suit. Well done Geoff, if I was still working there, I would be proud to have you working the line with me!

Jas

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Let's here it for Geoff!

It was a good article to read. Very pleasing to see that the head of the car company we love is prepared to get his hands dirty with the ordinary workers on the production line, even having to put up with their light hearted hoots and geers.
Good on ya Geoff. :cool:
Goes to show not all bosses just sit up there in their lahdidah positions not knowing or caring about what goes on with Joe Blow the lowly ranked worker.
Russell.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Any chance of scanning in the entire article so we Sydney siders can have a read?

(BTW; I have worked at one major Aussie company for over 12 years - I have NEVER seen the big boss. Never ever.)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes every chance of scanning the article. I have it at work at the minute to show the guys. Will work on it in a couple of days or if anyone beats me that is all the better.

Ford also have a very interest attitude to Unions that I wasn't expecting (pro in the extreme)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Two excellent articles on Ford and GP in the last week. Good media exposure could be the start of something pretty big. Here's hoping anyway.. :D

·
7,777 Posts
Too many I6 autos in the picture - we need to see more V8 manuals to build up the Ford image ( :D )

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Only problem is there ain't too many "family types" that like to drive 8's. The guys here and LS1 may be the exception to the rule. Sounds sad to say it, but the I6 is where the money (for Ford) is.. :(

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not going to be easy to read but you will get the idea I think(hope).

Read down the thread

·
7,777 Posts
Damn - where do I sign up???????
I am mightily impressed and it is a great thing that Ford people are thinking positive and moving forward.
My hat comes off to GP. A happy worker is a good worker.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aussie Pete said:
Damn - where do I sign up???????
I am mightily impressed and it is a great thing that Ford people are thinking positive and moving forward.
My hat comes off to GP. A happy worker is a good worker.
Good that means you could read most of it. I got to tell you I was over the moon about this article which is why I have spent so much time on it. It truely is an excellent piece, not sure how it got under Pauls guard though

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
I got to tell you I was over the moon about this article... It truely is an excellent piece,
Agree 100%. I'm hanging on to this article and the one from wheels for posterity..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts