Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am getting a new exhaust on my ED XR8, and I am getting conflicting info from people about the best size exhaust to get.

2 people have said to get a 3" mandrel bent (my preference), but 3 people have said that a dual 2.25" is the best option.

What does everyone else think??

:)
Kelli S

P.S - this means my 2 year old stainless steel Genie 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust will be for sale in a couple of weeks.

M

·
0 Posts
Hey Kel.

I did a fair bit of research/questioning before deciding on mine, and it seems the majority of advice was for a dual system. Advice on sizes was split between 2.25" and 2.5", most recommending the larger.

Not sure of the undercarriage layout of the ED compared to mine (EL2), but there's not enough room to fit a single 3" over the axle in mine without squashing it even if I wanted one.

BTW why are you getting rid of your existing one? :)

Mike

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need the new exhaust as I am getting a few extra things done to the car, and know that the 2.5" is too small for what is being done.

I have spoken to about 10 exhaust places today, and everyone gives me different advise.

I have also been told that the dual systems make the car really quiet. (and I dont want my car to sound like a vacuum cleaner again)

:)
Kelli S

P

·
0 Posts
I have a 3'' one.Make sure you have a real good [protection] muffler or it will resonate through the inside.Sounds and goes better though.

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
Well My person choice for a V8 would be to have this option...
Either a 2.5" dual system with Extractors, Twin Hi Flow Cats, Twin Mufflers, and a Dual Dump Finish.
Or

Same system as above but after the Dual Mufflers have a 3" finish with a Big Fat Chrome Tip.

Give Magic Mufflers a Call and talk to Jake. He knows his stuff and spends hours doing up the Exhausts. He is based in Brookvale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts