Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna get exhaust for my probe. any suggestions? im not lookin for one that will get me pulled over, but one with a deep rich sound to it. idk bout a cat back or not. thanks.
wally

95 base probe

C

·
0 Posts
Probably ~350.. I'm pretty sure any performance store will be able to order it, I'd try to search for it online though, you might get a better price. JCWhitney.com has sales sometimes, might wanna hit that up as well.

·
Big Balla'
20 Posts
I say Greddy catback. It won't get you pulled over...I haven't been and I get tailed all the time. It's a little more than the Borla but well worth it. :thup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do i need a catback though? right now i dont have any otha performance upgrades and im not plannin on alot, intake and possibly headers. am i gonna need it or is just the muffler good enough?

C

·
0 Posts
GReddy's are nice, but like he said, you'll pay more. You dont need a full catback if all you want is a nice tone, a performance muffler and tip can accomplish that on its own. With the full aftermarket catback u might gain around 2-3 hp on a dyno, and if you're going with headers later like you said it'd be good to combine them with a catback (this way you're opening it up from the engine all the way through to your muffler). Headers and exhaust you'll probably gain 7-10 hp altogether. With intake i'd say 9-12, overall a nice gain. Also, the GReddy catback does have 2.5" piping while the Borla is 2.25" (the old borla's were 2.5").

edit: those hp gain are approximate for a GT, i dont know about i4 gains.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, looks like for now im goin with the muffler and tip, and maybe upgrade to the catback later. if i get it online could i just take it to a shop and get it installed? or do u have to buy it from them?

C

·
0 Posts
Nope, you can buy it online and take it to any shop and get it installed there. I think they charge something like 35-50 bucks for installation.

·
Probe Member
41 Posts
you should get a pacesetter exhaust. its a direct bolt on, cheap.. only $150 which is about the same price you would pay for a muffler and tip you can get the whole catback... gives you the same performance as borla or greddy which cost twice as much also remember those exhaust you will need an extension since they are made for a GT

·
Big Balla'
20 Posts
Damn, PSE, that's a pretty sweet SE you got. I just checked out the link to your site. Nice!! :hy:

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
borla .. :tup: good sounds.. relative stock look.. :s6:

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
Love my greddy!!

·
One Winged Angel
64 Posts
I like my Aerospeed... Sounds nice and under $200 with a custom cat-back. :what4:

·
Probe Member
24 Posts
gtblaze said:
I say Greddy catback. It won't get you pulled over...I haven't been and I get tailed all the time. It's a little more than the Borla but well worth it. :thup:
yeah, and the greddy comes w/your own cannon too... what is it? about an 8" tip :lol:

i'm joking, it's more like 5". get a borla :tup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts