Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new at this forum and i need your help really fast!!! I own a 1997 Explorer XLT. It was power seats in the front and the driver side seat doesn't go forward. But the seat goes to the back, up, down, and tilts normally (I don't think the seat motor has blown). I really need to put the seat a little more further so i can reach the pedals with ease. Right now its in a terrible position. Is there anyway i can manual adjust the location of the seat? If i have to take into the Ford dealership for servcing anyone know how much this problem is going to cost me?

Thank You All!!1
[email protected]

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
i dont know much about power seats, but is there any way you could temporarily unhook the motor and just move it forward yourself? I'm assuming the motor just propels the seat along the rails, if this is the case maybe you could disconnect/disengage it, and push it along yourself. If it wont move forward, you should be able to reconnect it without it moving any further forwardS.

As I said I dont know much about them, so dont go pulling your car apart just cos of what Ive said, but it is just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts