Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go, my first thread, yey.
I saw a black ford on the way to uni yesterday, it looked like it had some rims but was very low. It looked very fully sik. So it got me thinking twice about getting my body kit for my car.

I just need advice on the following exterior accessories. Pictures would be great to help with the decision. The colour of my car is an original silver blue and a very sik looking colour.

First of all, 100% I will need some rims, about 17" or 18". I had looked at the AMG Quakes, they looked pretty awesome. But I am also looking for other choices.

Now the point is, I need need either new front and rear bumper bars or just a new body kit like the SSV. If anyone has pictures with and without the body kit, that would be great. One problem with the SSV body kit I would need to order it, cause I live in Melbourne and it would be too much of a hassle to drive. So I am wondering has anyone in Melbourne got that body kit and how hard it was to fit it and match the colour of the car.

I am also willing to take off the grey strip on the side of the car and add a special new one with the same colour of my car, or just to paint it the same colour as the car, if anyone has done it, I would appreciate some photos or something like that.

If anyone has any more ideas on what to do to my exteriror, besides lowering it, I would appreciate it, I will have photos of my car on tuesday the 13th.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
the strips look awesome colour coded, a lot of people have done it, search for a thread on Sundeep's EA and u can see how it changes the looked of the car drastically.
i'm not sure on where in melb u can get body kits but try canberracarstyling.com.au as they're very good on price, they are also very friendly and good to deal with, getting the kit sent down doesn't cost as much as u'd expect either.

lastly, you can get the colour of ur car matched at most automotive paint stores for relatively cheap

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
check the photoshop thread, plenty of cars with kits "stuck" on to give you an idea.

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
i'm getting a ssv front bar and a grill of karl (NZ) this afternoon and from what i heard it shouldnt be to hard to fit

i also got a ssv spoiler a few weeks back from a wrecker for $75 and i've already fitted it and thet paint seems to match pretty good

i'm in the process of reparing rust on my car and yesterday (i think) i finished of spraying a part of the panel and it matches in quite nicely to the old paint on the car

but if you need any help i can help you out with the front bar

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
oh yeah and welcome to the forums and EAFalcon.com

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
canberracarstyling.com.au has got some nice body kits, but i personally think the gt body kit, doesn't look that good. I prefer the SSV body kit, it looks so much better. Though has anyone ordered in a body kit from SSV here in victoria and knows how much does it cost??? Or should I just stop being lazy and give them a call. I think I will. So did anyone see that black ford, to be exact I saw it on the way to LaTrobe Uni yesterday, which is in Bundoora. Or if anyone has a really lowered ford and has pics of it with nice wheels, post a pic so we can all drool.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Lots of black Fords out there mate :p

Welcome to the forums, hope you find something you're happy with.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here is why the SSV body kit is so much better then the GT body kit, and if anyone can prove me wrong by showing me a lowered non body kitted ford falcon ea to ed, well then body kit is the way to go

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
hey whats that stuff on the mirror cover never seen that on a e-series before

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think they just painted the mirror cover the same colour as the car, cause I haven't been able to find the coloured ones anywhere, plus i need a new mirror on mine, cause the previous owner scratched up against something including the front bumper

·
Registered Loser
80 Posts
Sorry mate, but I gotta express my opinion here, that body kit is damn ugly....the overall effect makes it look plastic and almost like a bloody HDT commodore.

Its just my opinion, (which doesn't count because I drive a bog standard ED) but there are some very nice E series cars on here that didn't require the bolting on of 120 kg of fibreglass, which is going to look like crap in a few years anyway.

The AMG wheels you mentioned do look fantastic. Look up the members gallery for "Rollins" car here in Qld. Lowered, spoilers with the AMG type wheels, but not overdone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then tell me this, I think this is not a GT kit, which kit is this???
It looks pretty cool this one, because I don't like the GT kit, cause it stands out of the body u know, at the front, but this one would do

·
elghia looking like blue
651 Posts
ED_the_Futura said:
Sorry mate, but I gotta express my opinion here, that body kit is damn ugly....the overall effect makes it look plastic and almost like a bloody HDT commodore.

thats exactly right, my bro used to have a procar vn and athough it wasnt hdt but the kit on that ea is the EXACT same style!! the only difference is the grille and rear wing

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
that looks like the alan moffat kit with xr lights at the front

1 - 15 of 15 Posts