Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, that’s right. After years of putting up with a job I hate under the delusion that the money made it worth it, I resigned today...2 months notice max.

So, if anyone knows of a job for an old IT consultant in Melbourne with over 10 years experience and 5 years in accounts please let me know. :angel:

Ahhh, the relief is FANTASTIC!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Don't lie dude, we all understand, well the people here anyway...

You quit because your job was getting in the way of your FF time.

Nah serioulsy though, good on ya! - I'm thinking of quiting my part-time job for the same reason...

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time for a new career, something I can enjoy. I like IT but I couldnt work with this guy anymore, it was killing me.
FF is my social life PP99, so your right!

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
Well, this is the beginning of good things then. Can't enjoy life being miserable just for the buck$$. As long as you have the support of your family and us FF family members, you'll be fine.

Good luck in future endeavours Shane.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
WAY TO GO MATE! does this mean more free time, and make sure the new boss gives you a TURBO budget - part of your car allowance I'd say.....

Nothing like the smell of fresh air..........breath deep mate!!

congrats!

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
casper hope it all goes well with finding a new job.....

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
Well done, There is nothing better than quitting a job that you hate. I used to work at smorgy's, it was awesome to walk out on those wankers, its the best feeling.

Good luck finding another job, make sure you take a nice long holiday first though.

Dan

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Congrats shano!

Hope it all goes well finding a new one, In whatever feild you choose.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Sweet! How was the reaction from the guys at work??

·
Bucknaked Is My Real Name
1,458 Posts
You should go work for Philbie. You can test drive the models, and change from IT consultant to Scuff & Show Plate consultant

·
grippin'n'rippin
250 Posts
Feels good doesn't it??? Feels better than jumping out of bed at 7am thinking you're late for work and realising its saturday. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Congrats Casper :)

Feels great to be able to quit a job you are sick of and move on, good luck in finding a new job :)

Cheers

Chris

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
I know exactly how you feel Casper,I did the same thing just last week,I quit after 9yr's in a place that every morning I got up, I dreaded, I dreamed of the day I could do this and it finally happened,it hasn't really sunk in yet, but I left at the right time, I got a phone call today to go and check out my new job tomorrow,I'm really looking forward to it, enjoy your freedom Casper,you will find something that you will enjoy.

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
I worked at woolworths for 6 months stacking cheese, yogurt and milk. I was dancing out the door when I started my apprenticeship :)

1 - 20 of 113 Posts