Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fordaholic
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if factory AUII XR8 extractors will fit an EBII XR8 without fouling anything ?

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Nope! AU2's are running GT40p heads which have the spark plug located in a different spot to the E7's. They run a different arrangement of extractor.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
el2xr8 said:
Nope! AU2's are running GT40p heads which have the spark plug located in a different spot to the E7's. They run a different arrangement of extractor.
I'm not sure of that. I have HM headers on my EL series 1 and they are the same ones that they use for the AU's....

·
Turbo Pilot
85 Posts
Jase_ELXR8 said:

I'm not sure of that. I have HM headers on my EL series 1 and they are the same ones that they use for the AU's....
Yeah but the EL's use the GT-40P's as well. I am not sure when they started using them, but I think all the 185KW and better engines have them. Would that mean EF series II maybe?? Anyone...??

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
AZTECH said:

Yeah but the EL's use the GT-40P's as well. I am not sure when they started using them, but I think all the 185KW and better engines have them. Would that mean EF series II maybe?? Anyone...??
As i said, mine is a series one and doesn't have GT-40p's...

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Nope! EL2's didn't get GT40p's. The way to tell is to look at the drivers side head, right at the front about 1/2 way down it. There is a little flat panel, and "GTP" is pressed into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts