Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
yeah, you should find a noticable difference then. I sure as hell did when I put extractors on my XF. What brand you thinking of getting?

·
Normal Temp. Falcon!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
prolly Genie. cause i know that u can put them to 2" and 2.5". do any other brands have this feature? cause i'd put the extractors on with my semi modded exhaust then save up and buy a full 2.25" or 2.5" system

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
I got a full Lukey system, extractors, muffler, cat... everything. Adapting your existing system wouldn't be hard at all even if the pipe is 2.5 and the extractors 2". you just get a piece of pipe with 2 different size ends to join them together. That's the way mine is.

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
You'll find that you'll get a completely different noise from you exhaust once the extractors are fitted. Once you have them you will have a sports system like anyone else. Most people keep the standard cat because there is nothing wrong with it.

I blew my to pieces dragging down the main street one night, so I got a Lukey Hi-flow cat put on.

·
Normal Temp. Falcon!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would extractors and my current system give much of a power difference?
and power inc. = better fuel economy when cruising and not flogging the old XF right?

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
Extractors might give you a tiny bit better fuel economy, but you probably wouldn't even notice it much. The cat is what give's you more fuel economy, and the muffler aswell. My muffler is straight through, which also gives more economy again.

As for power difference... hell yeah. If you've never driven an XF with extractors, then you'll definetely notice the difference when you get them.

·
speedkills so snort Slowr
325 Posts
VERY BIG difference..... I got lukey S/S extractors with a 2.5" exhaust and i couldn't believe the ole girl still had some punch left in her.. Unfortunately my decent fuel economy has somewhat disappeared. :idk:

Another little tweak that you could do would be to hollow out the cat.

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
crzyxf said:
VERY BIG difference..... I got lukey S/S extractors with a 2.5" exhaust and i couldn't believe the ole girl still had some punch left in her.. Unfortunately my decent fuel economy has somewhat disappeared. :idk:

Another little tweak that you could do would be to hollow out the cat.
Hate to say it, but now your starting to sound like a commo driver!

Just about every VL in my town has hollowed out the cat. Personally I think it's a stupid idea, and it's not worth the risk.

Your fuel economy will only dwindle because you find yourself giving it more $hit to get the extra noise.

·
speedkills so snort Slowr
325 Posts
What can i say i was young and stupid and apart from the fact i had no idea wot i was doing 3.5 years ago.. all my m8s where in fact commo drivers! So i have spent alot of dead end money on my car...

biggest regret now even tho there is very little power difference for the price you pay... was putting on a 2.5" instead of a 2.25"

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
There's never a difference if you supply the pipe. My local Ford dealer dumps full exhausts in a big bin behind his yard. Me and my bro go along and throw most of it in the back of his ute.

I didn't supply my latest exhaust as the bin was empty, It cost me just over a grand, but the pipe (2.5") cost $hit all along side the rest of it.

·
Normal Temp. Falcon!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks kerry...
will check him out when i sort this bloody over heating problem out....
you got any ideas??? (see other post for details if u havent already)

·
Normal Temp. Falcon!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i had some work done at Lavington Exhaust (fitting of sports muffler and about 1.5m of pipe that had to be bent) it cost $150, with a 2.5" tip so i think i got a pretty good deal there...

·
Normal Temp. Falcon!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, i've kinda tried that,... about 3 times...lol, having a head check tomorra... am currently pulling water pump off to check condition of impeller...

·
Normal Temp. Falcon!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kerry... impeller was fine, although i did find a heap of crap in one of the hoses... so have cleaned all that out, and am taking for a test run in a few hours or so...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts