Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a set but they have a crack in one of the mandrels and need to be braised. I dont know if your still interested though I can recommend going around to Teralba wreckers. They have heaps of fords. I used to live in Newcastle I got most of my parts from there. Last time I was there, I saw an XF ute (Blue I think) with a Fairlane front end on it. I know it had extractors on it and the guy will probably give em to you for under $100.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah make sure you look around, it's very easy to get a set under $100, I got my genies from a wrecker here in Canberra for $66 and they sound sweet as.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coupefan - unfortunately i'v tried teralba wrecker's, i phoned them up and they told me they had a couple of set's from XF's, so i thought sweet. Then when i got there they took me out to have a look and all they had was a set in an XC Ute. My motor being a 3.3, i was told that 4.1 and 3.3 were identical so the XC extractors will fit. So they sold them to me for $100. Got home, sanded them back, gave them about 5 coats of heatproof paint and they didn't fit, BUGGER! But the receipt said for an XE and they refunded me, they're honest so i got over it.

But yea im still interested, i'v tried about 30 wreckers around newcastle with no luck only attitude from every second wrecker, making me feel like im an idiot for trying. I'd buy new but i'm not keeping the 3.3 for long, gonna put in a 351 as soon as i can, but probably will be 6 months or so.

Thank's for ur help.
Cheers.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thats a bit of a pain in the arse.

The last set that I scored were from there and they are still in my car (but you cant have those ones). I got lucky as the extractors suit both cast iron and alloy heads. They have both angle holes at the different angles.

I did the exact same thing with the first set that I bought from there, but I got a set with a crack in one of the mandrels (not the same one as mentioned above). I sanded them all back and got ready to paint when I saw the split. The cracks are caused when the bracket from the bell housing to the extractors are not affixed. It must flex or somthing causing it too snap.

I think your best bet is too hunt around the yard and see if you can spot the ones that fit both model motors. The bloke is right in saying it fits 4.1 and 3.3 but not between the older motors. This type of extractors will fix this up. I have a FX that originaly had an alloy head and I changed the head for a stage 2 steel head with manifold and 350 holly. Went so sweet! It bolted up fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts