Ford Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im new here and Im a Mopar Fan. Im here to be the bringer of bad news for all of you Ford owners. Well, perhaps it's not bad news or anything interesting at all. But nonetheless, it's a nice swing at Ford by Dodge. Oh, and the fordy in my forum name, well, my real last name is Ford.

Go here and watch this great commercial, you F-150 owners will love it. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Loses to Dodge in what respect? Both trucks have their strong points......but it is and will always be personal preference. I don't go to the Dodge forums to try and start a pissing contest over brand loyalty.......and you shouldn't do that here either.

·
Registered
340 Posts
LOL, I agree Yugo. Guys who make claims with absolutely no explanation are only showing their ignorance. Most of the latest Dodge hype has come from the new Hemi. It's a great engine.....but most of the guys who toot their own horn about it have no idea what actually makes it a hemi in the first place.

I don't know how it works at the Dodge forums, but the moderators around here do not tolerate attempts at a flame war. I suggest you take your negativity elsewhere.

·
97 F-150 XL 4x4
799 Posts
i second the mention that an outsider spouting off will not be here for long, and that comes from experience.
so i suggest that if you wish to keep your membership here you become a ford fan in the next day or 2.

also i will add that arguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics and even if you win your still a retard !

·
Blue Blooded Ford Man
1,619 Posts
Two trucks racing while towing trailers. WTF is the point of that?

Bloody crazy Seppos!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The whole point of the thread wasn't to flame, it was to present a fact to Ford owners. Lately Ford has been tossing commericals about the F-150 out of it's ass, claiming it's better then the Ram 1500 Hemi or a Chevy like the Silverado. The point is, it's not, in all respects it's a lesser of a car. It's not as fast, it can't tow as much, it has less power, and it is less reliable.

Take criticism with stride and perhaps it will help Ford to design a better car in the future.

And for those of you who think I'll get banned from here if I don't become a Ford fan in 2 days, well, great. Don't worry, I won't be here much. I don't drive a Ford.

·
Registered
340 Posts
LOL, The problem is you haven't produced a single FACT here. You've spouted your opinion without any facts or links to INDEPENDENT sites on the net. Ford has every right to make commercials to sell their truck. Dodge has been taking shots directly at Ford every chance they get in their commercials......but Ford has not. Seems Dodge is threatened by Ford. Why could that be? Maybe because the Ford F-Series has been the #1 selling truck for over 20 years.

Since you seem to DODGE stating facts rather than opinion....I assume you don't know that the Ford F-150 has a maximum tow rating of 9900 lbs while the Ram 1500 is rated to 8650 lbs. Even the new Japanese made Nissan Titan beats the Ram in that respect.

It's also laughable to say that it's less reliable than the Dodge 1500. Please provide us with your source of unwavering knowledge and insight as you clearly have the facts that the rest of the free world doesn't. You're merely stating an opinion.....which you are entitled to, but to say your personal opinion is a fact is just plain ignorant.

The FACT is you're just another truck owner who feels his/her truck is the best out there.

And out of curiosity....Since you don't own a Ford, don't like Ford, and think the F-150 is crap next to the Ram 1500, what other reason would you have for joining this Ford site and posting this message other than trying to start something? There are lots of Dodge forums out there. I suggest you join your fellow Dodge fans and spare us your nonsense.

:fool:

·
97 F-150 XL 4x4
799 Posts
wow, nicely put 92.
i'll have a toast to that well presented speech :beer2:
:1poke: personally i have driven new dodges and gmc's and was not impressed with either and i plan on stickin with Ford.
:finger: dodge would be at the bottom of my x-mas list out of the 3.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
:Stupid: Nicely Said '92

Just to add to this wonderful exciting debate, "My truck is better than everyone elses." :s6:

·
97 F-150 XL 4x4
799 Posts
yes i have to agree with that , it is better than my truck at making farting noises and looking like an old mans work truck/ beater.
bwaahaaha

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Farting Noises. It does not sound like a rice burner. I think your talking about my other car. :hy:
As for the old mans truck comment, i say :finger1:

(I was just looking through the smilies and there seems to be a lot with the finger. :fingers: :evilfinge :finger: :finger1: :flip: )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I figured the facts would be obvious, but I suppose not since Ford continually falsely advertises on television. You can rant about the F-150 being the best selling truck, but let's not forget that Ford comes by that statistic by grouping all of it's F series together. Perhaps you didn't know that, perhaps it doesn't matter to you. The F-Series is Fords flagship line, right? While were on the subject of Dodge and Ford, let's not bring Nissan into this. You know as well as I that the Titan is a plaudable attempt at trying to enter the truck market. It's a big ugly fast car, that's all. Trucks are supposed to be able to pull things, the Titan can't. Dodge's commericals are not a sign of running scared, it's quite the opposite.

Pratically every commerical released so far has been to counter Ford's subtle and point lacking attempts at tricking the public into thinking the F-150 is the best out there. Let's not forget how that Ford dealership in the United States challenged any competitor to a tug-of-war in their own lot and the Hemi dragged the toy F-150 across the lot. Misconception and lies, that's all. It's not your fault Bronco for not knowing the truth. How about how Ford attempts to make the F-150 beat a Hemi in one of their latest commericals yet never actually mentions the F-150 winning in a race. Well, Dodge put out a similiar commerical where the Hemi won some 280 times in a row, that's fact my friend. Why can't Ford present facts?

I must say I love Ford's "sound deadening steel" in a recent commerical aswell. But I don't think a lot of cars make a ton of noise at 5 mph, or that was just an oversight made by the commerical producers. Okay, let's not be biased for a second. Ford does sell a lot of trucks and the chances of Dodge and Chevy catching up anytime soon aren't the best, I suppose Dodge would sell a lot more if it lied a lot about it's trucks too. Then again, nothing's impossible.

Back to facts, this time lets address speed. Car and Driver recently did a comparison of a number of trucks and it looks like that amazing fleet of engineering known as the 5.4L V8 was beat out by Nissan, Dodge, Chevrolet and Toyota in 0-60 time and the 1/4 mile! So much for that "sound deadening", because the F-150 ranked the second noisiest too. Another fact, the F-150 has the lowest ground clearance of all of those trucks listed too. Reliability? Well, you being a Ford fan I suppose you would know how bad Ford's powertrain is. Look at recalls for youself if you'd like to see the problems Ford has been having with it's Powerstroke, it's weak compared to the Cummings 5.9L Diesel too. Even if we compare base model F-150s and Rams, the Ram is still cheaper, contains the same options if not more, has a more powerful engine, weighs less, can pull more, and has a better powertrain. In conclusion, Ford's sales rely on loyalty and misconception.

You wanted the facts, they're presented to you now.

Thanks,

Scott.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Boy, you love to hear yourself talk don't ya. FACT is you still haven't produced any facts....only opinions. The only fact you produced was that the Dodge Ram 1500 beat the F-150 in the quarter mile. Not really much for your case there guy. Rather than spouting opinions like you.....I'll just respond line by line to the nonsense you insist on embarassing yourself with.

"Trucks are supposed to be able to pull things, the Titan can't."

I hate to tell you, but the Titan is rated to tow 9500 pounds while the Ram is only rated to 8650. Seems the Dodge is all bark and no bite. Pretty bad when a "fast car" can tow more than your precious Ram eh? Don't believe me? Open your eyes and do a net search for the 1500 ratings versus the new Nissan. Shame on Dodge for losing to a Japanese made truck!

"You can rant about the F-150 being the best selling truck, but let's not forget that Ford comes by that statistic by grouping all of it's F series together."

Dodge makes 3/4 and 1 ton models just like Ford does. A 3/4 ton Ram is still a Ram and a 3/4 ton Ford is still a Ford F-Series pickup. Ford remains uncontested as the number one selling truck period.

"Pratically every commerical released so far has been to counter Ford's subtle and point lacking attempts at tricking the public into thinking the F-150 is the best out there."

It's called marketing. Every car and truck manufacturer in the world does it. Dodge is no different. In fact, they've stooped to direct insults at other truck manufacturers. That's as bad as grade school name calling, and it's called REACHING!

"Let's not forget how that Ford dealership in the United States challenged any competitor to a tug-of-war in their own lot and the Hemi dragged the toy F-150 across the lot."

LOL, there's that bigger is better motto that I would expect from the same ego maniacs that claim to leave "chunks of F-150 in its dust." I know the macho man attitude that you have going on all too well. What are you trying to compensate for may I ask?

"Reliability? Well, you being a Ford fan I suppose you would know how bad Ford's powertrain is."

Reliability comes down to maintenance, plain and simple. My Bronco has close to 200,000 miles on it on the ORIGINAL engine and tranny, and it still has enough left over to leave those black smoke puffing Dodge diesels in the dust. If I wanted to listen to a rattle, I'd grap a paint can and shake it.

Also, I hate to tell you but Ford's diesel tranny is an Allison....the same manufacturer that makes big-rig tranny's. Dodge has had more problems with their tranny than Ford has had with ANY of their tranny's. The E4OD that's in my Bronco is used in engines from the 302 to the 7.3L diesel and can handle the torque any diesel can throw at it.

Every manufacturer has problems....and Dodge is no different. Need proof? Here's one of thousands of links. ENJOY!

http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/troubleshooting/24v_trouble.htm

"it's weak compared to the Cummings 5.9L Diesel too."

For a diehard know it all Dodge fan, you are only showing your ignorance when you can't even correctly identify the engine in your baby. It's a Cummins, not a Cummings. And for your information, the 6.0L Ford diesel generates 325 hp at 3300 rpm and 560 lb-ft of torque at 2000 rpm....whipping the tar out of the Dodge's 305 hp and 555 lb-ft of torque. Need to see the facts for yourself?? Open your eyes!!

"In conclusion, Ford's sales rely on loyalty and misconception."

Now that we all have seen your so called facts, it's obvious who's been brainwashed. You bantered on about it pulling more than Ford, having more power than Ford, and being more reliable than Ford when the fact is the Ford generates more power than the Dodge, can tow more, and is as reliable as any other vehicle out there. Don't believe me? Take 5 minutes and search for yourself. All my numbers were taken straight from the horses mouth.

"You wanted the facts, they're presented to you now."

Huh? Where? Did I miss something?

Nice try there scooter. Save us from your random bantering and educate yourself.

·
97 F-150 XL 4x4
799 Posts
bwaahaha scotty you started barking up the wrong tree here.
if i remember from the past 92bronco is most generally correct when he states a fact so i dont even have to comment on that last post.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.