Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a semi-used MSD-6BTM ignition box packaged and ready to ship. This ignition was mounted to my car, but never wired up. Comes packaged just as if you bought new, with all parts and no wires cut, except for the "no. of cylinders" wires. They have been cut for a 4 cylinder, but this is easily remedied with a souldering iron and some wire. Those who are familiar with MSD boxes will know what I am refering to.

I am asking $275 shipped. . . These boxes retail for over $400 and can be bought new for $320+ at summit.

Make me an offer.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
How come you're selling, Bryan? The BTM looks like a very potent ignition for boost. Is it redundant with your TEC module? (ignition-wise, anyway).

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Dan [Sac] said:
How come you're selling, Bryan? The BTM looks like a very potent ignition for boost. Is it redundant with your TEC module? (ignition-wise, anyway).
I'm running a Haltech E6K, and yes you are correct. . . its a waste with engine management, because you have precise boost dependant control on timing. . . .

I am running a 6AL box though.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Well, I have no disposable income available, but I can offer you a trade for a black Corbeau Forza seat complete with seat bracket for 2nd Gen Probes (together they value around $250)...

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. . . . . I actually have been wanting to get that very seat in that very color. .. . . wow. . .it was meant to be!

I'm gonna PM you. . .

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
I was, but sold the seat unfortunately...

I also realized that the Apexi S-AFC would not be enough for me - I'd need to pay for the MSD ignition, additional data-logging software, and the total cost would come close to that of a Haltech unit and not offer nearly as many features - it looks like I have been sold on total engine management units....now if the E6K supports 6 sequentially-fed injectors, it will be my new christmas present to me...if not, the hunt for a TEC unit starts...

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Haltech currently only supports 4 injectors sequentially, but I believe they have a new one releasing soon that is suppose to support 8 or more. . .

Bryan

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Yep, just found that out yesterday - the bummer is that I have a Haltech dealer/tuner right here in town, too...oh well, looks like I'm back on the S-AFC + 6BTM bandwagon.

Is your ignition still up for grabs? If so, I have $230 I can send out right away...

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Dan,

$230 plus $5 for S&H and its yours. . . I need to get rid of this thing. . . It would probably sell quick on Ebay, but I am just too lazy to slap it up on Ebay. Let me know if you are interested.

Bryan Pendleton

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
That sounds like a deal then - PM me your address and I'll send out a cashiers check ASAP....

If you by any chance haven't thrown out the red wire cut for #of cyl, include that too...

Late,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts