Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Attended the F-Series and Explorer Drive day in Regional Victoria yesterday, and after taking the new F-250 4.2 I6 & F-350 7.3 V8 through Mud, water, up and down hills and 4WD Tracks, I can say it is a very impressive vehicle.

I also took the new explorer V8 for a drive, VERY VERY VERY impressive vehicle. It is heaps better than the old one, very little body roll., IRS, 175kw V8 Engine, good build quality, 350% more rigid chassis than the older model.

Very impressive vehicles, they both should sell well. Well Done Ford.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
I didn't think the yanks were still using an I6...maybe that will be incentive to keep the I6 here in aus, and not change to a V6.

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
J-type said:
Does anyone know when the new Explorer goes on sale?
I think they're penned down for November this year.

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
jaytyn said:
I Attended the F-Series and Explorer Drive day in Regional Victoria
yesterday, and after taking the new F-250 4.2 I6 & F-350 7.3 V8 through Mud,
water, up and down hills and 4WD Tracks, I can say it is a very impressive
vehicle.
Hmm anyone know what type of power output the 4.2 I6 pumps out?

Wonder if it will fit into the engine bay of a falcon? :D

Hope the F-series does well - maybe Ford will start selling the F-150
lightning :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The 4.2 I6 is a intercooled turbo diesel. It has 132kw @3400rpm and [email protected] Looking at the catalouge I've got it has a HUGE intercooler. BTW the photo of the 7.3 on the first page is an ambulance package engine with dual alternators.

·
Territory - 2004 COTY
227 Posts
the 7.3 and the 4.2 run the same intercooler ..... and yes it's BIG.

the 4.2 will kick some serious Landcruiser butt, even when they bring out their 4.2 turbo; the 7.3 destroys it.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Good stuff Jaytyn,

Hmmm like the idea of the 4.2 Inline 6 even though it's diesel, shows that the Inline 6 is the way to go for utmost reliability, smoothness and power for 6 cyclinders.

Yeah the V8 Explorer with a heaps more chassis stiffening is great news. About time Ford should release a 4WD that will really have Zoom Zoom Zoom with a V8 arrr arrr arrr.

FTEFan,

Whoooa that 4.2L Inline 6 although it's makin 132kw the torque will pull trees mate a stump pullin 500Nm. :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Just what we need - more barges on our roads. Come on Howard/Costello - jack up that tax rate so 4WDs pay the same as passenger cars and stop this madness!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hehe i know what you mena Pete, those Urburn Cowboys are definitly on the rise. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Saw a spanking new F150 on Windsor road today.. red.. looked almost like a Lightning, but didn't have the wheels or stance. Was BIIIIIIIG!!! And all this talk of the "little" F150?!?? :eek:

Gotta say, if I weren't in the confines of the city and suburbs, I'd be having me one of these!!

·
Territory - 2004 COTY
227 Posts
the F150 is a very different truck to the "Super Duty" F250 and up trucks and hasn't been RHD engineered.

Also, it doesn't have the payload capacity of (even) the Falcon ute so it just doesnt make sense to have it here .....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts