Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what the time is everywhere else but in Victoria the German GP will not be on until 12:50 sunday night.

I just find it totally annoying that the F1 championship is seen as second rate by ch 9. I'm sorry to all those swimming fans out there but to me swimming is easily the most overrated sport in Australia yet it is always shown primetime whilst F1 can't even be shown live and 90% of the time the races start at around 10 o'clock on sunday nights.
Motorsport is definately seen as a second class citizen in this country and its time ito stopped.

On a lighter note Heinz-Harold Frentzen has been sacked from the Jordan team and will be replaced by Ricardo Zonta.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Swimming is an absolute bloody joke, I honestly dont know one person who is actually interested in it, other than if the Aussies win or not.

We need channel 10 to do the F1 coverage, then we'd get it live :D

Wont be long before F1 will be pay-per-view tho......

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Again would imply that they fixed it at some stage; more a case of 'still'. You can get a live text comentary @ www.formula1.com

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Martin said:
Swimming is an absolute bloody joke, I honestly dont know one person who is actually interested in it, other than if the Aussies win or not.
According to one of the papers during this week, the swimming is enormously popular with the chicks, and has proven a ratings bonanza for Ch.9.

Speaking of being screwed, I'm getting a little annoyed with the lack of media coverage in the general press of the V8 Supercar racing. The morning's rag had a barely visible, small article on this weeks race at Oran Park written by a journalist who's spends more time writing about rugby league and such. As the 3rd most popular sport in terms on crowd attendances in the country, it deserves much more space!! They devote many pages to the various motoring sections, so where's the motor sport??

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no doubt that its an image problem, the media has a stereotype for motorsport fans they probably think we are all drunken bums.:eek:

·
Australian Falcon EA Member
6 Posts
In Perth, we get the German GP 4 hours and 40 mins delayed :fmad:
I feel like kidnapping Gary Burns and taking over 9's Wide World of Sports

1 - 7 of 7 Posts