Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mr Photoshop
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the latest issue of Zoom Magazine. Incase anyone wants to know there is a black Ford F150 Lightning making 255rwkw and 22" wheels converted to right hand drive in there.

I'm finding that this mag is one of my fav mags with the technical articles.

·
The Guy You Love To Hate
1,510 Posts
Yeah ZOOM is definitly the most interesting read out there right now I rekon. Interesting thing is, theyre the same guys who do High Performance Imports magazine.
They go over the Twin-Turbo Falcon Ute project they did in the Twin-Turbo special.
Top articles, recommended it everyone, especially for beginners like me.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
F150 Lightning's are damn damn nice cars! If i won tatts there would be one of them and a GT-P in the drive way tomorrow, or whenever Ford decided to deliver them anyway.

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
CSV_LS1 said:
I'm finding that this mag is one of my fav mags with the technical articles.
Couldn't agree more, a guy i know has an XP twin turbo 289 ute that is going to feature in an up coming issue, been hanging out for it for ages.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Not to mention the fact these run low 14sec quarters stock. Many many Lightnings are running under 12 sec in the states with minour mods.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Well what are the yank's doing that we arn't,because they have the same 5.4 donk, I would say the weight would be similar,ah that's right the lightning is supercharged.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I tried to get my father to buy one but i couldnt find info in time so now hes waiting for his shitty new sahara landcruiser, big waste of money compared to this baby.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
talked to a guy at Calder about 10 weeks back he went over to USA bought a lighting S/C had it imported all brand new by the time it hit the road here $100,000 and he had several runs ET14.25...

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Considering there only $35,ooo us new thats a bit steep. When i was considering buying a stang from the states i was showed the import taxes and they werent anywhere near as bad as i expected. Wonder if the free trade agreement will affect import taxes on cars.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
exchange rates, import duties, taxes, conversion to RHD, Egineering ticket and ORC then add some expinsive insurance it adds up quickly...

·
The Guy You Love To Hate
1,510 Posts
I just bought the issue and saw the F150. I was really surprised as it made that 255rwkw with only a cold air+filter, throttlebody, blower belt, underdrive pulleys and a muffler!
Never knew they had that much power stock, 13.9sec stock quarter times. In a truck!

I also bought a scanner :), ill see if i can chuck some pics up tomorow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts