Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 F250 won't hold in park. I parked it on a slight grade and when I got out to chock rear wheel, it ran over it, and went about 20 feet into a tree with me grabbing the steering wheel trying to jump back in. It hit hard enough to dent the bumper, and now won't crank. Checked fuel shut off reset and neutral safety switch, both appear to be okay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the battery connections. I am glad that you are OK. Is your E-brake also broken? A nearby resident died in a similar accident with a Jeep several years ago.
Thanks Bajander. Battery connections seem good. Had only driven the truck a couple of times after getting the E-brake cable replaced. The problem with it not holding in park and the E-brake not working (the pedal won't budge) happened when I got it stuck and rocked it back and forth too much trying to get it out, while trying to pull out a post from an old shed. I'm growing more stupid faster than I'm growing old. Sorry to hear about the neighbor with the Jeep. I got a pretty good jolt from the door, but nothing serious. Was just trying to move the truck out of the way when this last deal happened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am extremely old school, I will not attempt to know as much as you guys know, but I do remember that Ford had a problem with the shift selector on the steering column and you would need to pull it toward you in the park position and start it that way. But then again this is almost forty to fifty years ago.
I just went out and tried that. No luck but thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts