Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been more upset in my life!!

Let me paint the scene for you. I'm going up Mt Rose HW out of incline village towrds reno to meet my parent's at Hot August Noghts. About halfway up the moutian I get stick behind some jerk going 45 in a 50. This road is a 2 lane highway with limeted passing. So I finaly get up to one of the passing zones, and proceded to pass this guy. 2/3rds of the way through my pass I notice a cop sitting on the side of the road - But I HAD to complete my pass at this point, it would have been dangerous not to. Well tghe cop pulls out and pulls me over. After a FULL sobriety test (havent had a drink in weeks) he gives me TWO tickets.

1. For going 65 in a 50 - BUT I WAS PASSING SOMEONE, YOUR SUPPOSED TO SPEED UP!!!!!

and 2.(this is the dusy) Passing on a double yellow line! - BUT IT WASNT A DOUBLE YELLOW!!!!! IT WAS A PASSING ZONE!!!!

And those goddamn pigs wonder why people dont like them.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Hey Patrick, are you going to fight the ticket? What are the local laws on passing and speed? Take pics and take the guy to court to challenge if its all legit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm going to fight it. There is absolutly no way, baring a complete miracle, that I will win - but I wont be able to sleep at night if I just take it flat out. But I'm feeling much more calm about it. Its just money/points. I'll live. The moon will still rise, wont it Officer Pecso.

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
what you need to do is take pictures of where the pass occured and what the lines looked like. if you made the pass in the passing zone but finished it in a double yellow they might win.. but definetly fight it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as I know I never crossed the double yellow line. Infact the cop was sitting only halfway through the passing zone, so he couldnt have enevn seen me finish the pass. But all he has to say is I did cross a double yellow, and no matter how poposterous that statment is, the court will beleive him not me. Its very frusturating.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Ive heard if you take a cop to court to challenge him/her and they dont show, that you win automatically? Is that true?

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
that is only true if the OIQ. (officer in question) didn't call the judge to let them know he was going to show.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts