Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i was searching for XF Turbos on google and i came up with this pic of a XF Twin Turbo that i think FORD made, or am i mistaken??

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
something i found on the auto speed website

"I developed the early XF Falcon turbo and twin turbo kits back in the late '80s. We had a twin-turbo four-wheel-drive Falcon, which I took to England for about four months and - the day before we were ready for a press release - I crashed the thing. That car was making about 380 horsepower and about 540ft/lb of torque on the engine dyno. 540ft/lb is pretty good even today - there aren't many cars on the road with that torque, that's a shitload. Yeah, that was a pretty state-of-the-art thing at the time - we had a ZF 5-speed in it and a trick four-wheel-drive set-up. The only problem was the EA was coming out the next year and that made it difficult. I did some work on the early stages of the AIT EA Falcon turbo kit and then I left.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm,
so ford didnt make it yeh???

give us the link to that...

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
My dad owns this car and is currently restoring it. It should be going in around 6 months and be better and more powerful than ever.

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
fordomaniac said:
My dad owns this car and is currently restoring it. It should be going in around 6 months and be better and more powerful than ever.
Not that i dont beleive you, but the car that is pictured was written off in england, because the one that is pictured is AWD.

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
My dad's car is awd and is a one of. It was rebuilt after england and not many people knew this. It was sold to a friend of my dad's who bought this and the 2 wheel drive one that only had twin t25s on it when AIT closed. My Dad bought it about 2 years ago. I would post pics but they don't seem to work for me. But I will tell you this the ZF 5 speed gearbox has a transfer case built into it to run the front diff which is part of the sump on the 4.1. It was built by ferguson formular developments.

The story apparently behind it written off was about seeing how fast it could do laps around the roundabout it came of second best and the story got out that it was written off because all this happened just days before the england magazines were going to do stories on it.

when you see it you will believe it can't wait to take it to some shows, not that long to wait!

cool

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
I got it to work and here are some photos of some of the parts off the car.

The sump and front diff
http://www.fordgallery.com/showphot...54cfa3a48553c85dc431d/sort/1/cat/last1/page/1

ZF 5 Speed and transfer case
http://www.fordgallery.com/showphot...54cfa3a48553c85dc431d/sort/1/cat/last1/page/1

one of the specially made wheels

and a close up of the badge on the bonnet which reads AT7 what is named by AIT

expect a lot more when it gets closer to bein finished

·
XD V8 Owner
621 Posts
Ive got a mag article at home about the whole thing. Car featured is a black XF AWD twin turbo (on the opposite page is a red supercharger XF with MOBIL number plates with a GS motor bodies kit on it).

Aparently one of the reasons didnt go ahead into full production was cause the AWD setup was going to mean a price tag too high, beyond too many pockets.

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
yeah i have the articles on the twin turbo awd xf but i have only heard about the mobil supercharged xf and the price tag is $75,000

gas250 u would have some power loose due to sending power to the front wheels but u would have better traction so what do u think quarter times would be like

·
Registered
106 Posts
don't know about times but i wouldn't waste my money
my xf will be up for sale soon anyway so i don't want to spend anymore money on it.

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
oh what u to first mpresv now u why r u selling the xf isnt a 10 second car good enough for ya, what price are u looking for, what will u get next

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
john, u selling it too?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts