Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys in Oz,
Phillip from South Africa here. Wonder if any of you guys are prepared to help me. i owe a 99 Fairmont 6, and would like to get the blueprint specs on the engine, as I cannot find anything in my country.

I am planning to turbo the motor, and would like things like www addresses of people in Oz that sells turbo cams, decent forged pistons, roller rockers etc for this motor.

I have the all aluminium block auto version, El-type cast iron block would have been better, but this must do. Spares for these cars are quite scarce over here, so I will have to import everything. But, no problem, if you can direct me to a site or email me info on the engine.

It will be appreciated.

Thanx,
Phillip

P

·
0 Posts
Whats your address Buddy I have a magazine here called Zoom they fitted a twin turbo to a work? ute.The inlets are hand made but it says what turbo's they used etc good info Paul hth

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
As far as I know the Aussie Falcon 6 has never had an Aluminium block, they are all Cast Iron.

But I would say the best place to speak to would be AVO Turboworld in Victoria, I have an article of an XR6 (which basically has the same engine as yours) that they built which has approx [email protected] on 16psi of boost.
I dont think they have a website but their phone number is (03) 9584 4499, you'll have to dial to get Australia before you can dial that number though???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Guys, thanx for all the info. My car is a 1999 Au Fairmont, with the new type motor, aluminuim sump etc. I think this is a complete new design from Ford Oz, Intech 6, but yes Martin, you are right, the block is still cast iron. No dizzy though, 6pack coil etc.

How strong is the bottom end of this engine. I know it uses 6.00" Rods compared to 5.88" Rods of the previous model....

Paul yes, my address is:

PL Jansen van Rensburg
PO Box 223
Ngodwana
Republic of South Africa

I will appreciate it if you can send me the article.

Thanx.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Paul,
Phillip from South Africa here again. I see you are also an V8 guy. I read some of your posts in this forum on heads and EFi's. Have you ever seen the new Balanced Cross Ram (BXR) manifolds at www.mustangbxr.com - worth a look if you want to have a multifunction car, eg drags, top-end runs etc. Just change the optional end covers to move power up/down the rpm band.Let me know what you think.

I use to drive a twin turbo 357cid SVO stroker, dual Turbonetics T4's, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads, 4-bolt mains, steel crank, custom 6.18" Carillo rods, JE pistons, etc, and all in a Sierra/Sapphire body. Made around 780Hp at 16 PSi boost with Haltech F9a and MSD dizzy with 6BTM spark controller.

Shifted at 6800-7000, red-lined at 7500, but this high really a waste on turbo engine. And, the old shape car did not handle that well at 300+, even with Bilstein suspension.

Let me know if I can give you some additional info on 351 set-ups, if you want to try it out. Have a lot more torque down where you need it for the larger Falcon body, and a 347 cid 302 is maxed out, and you have to rev it to get perfomance....how does a 425 or 445 351 stroker grab you....or even a 377 making around 440hp naturally aspirated, with components you should be able to find in Oz.

See ya,
Phillip

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Kerry,
Thanx so much for yer help. I see your responses a lot to other peoples mails, and it is always good info.

I will call AVO and see if they can assist me. I want to play now with Oz inline 6, as our currency is weak against US$, and it is too expensive to play with my favoutire, 351 Winsor!

See Ya,
Phillip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts