Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone help me and tell me how to make my car more secure? As I understand it, it is not possible to stop the car being broken into and everything including what is in the boot stolen. My last car had deadlocks. Any ideas welcome.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
An alarm woudl be the only option really. Otherwise you could try some after market products that do all kinds of shit, but really if someone wants to break in, they are going to regardless.

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Do ford have a similar option to Holden....a deadlock?? Push the lock button once, it locks the doors, the second time it deadlocks them so that if ur in the car for example you cannot open the doors?

·
Warning: Constant drifter
112 Posts
i dont think ford have the same option. i know at work we can program the cars to lock the doors when drive is selected, and they are unlocked when a impact is picked up on the sensors. example : a crash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[atomic]nexus said:
i dont think ford have the same option. i know at work we can program the cars to lock the doors when drive is selected, and they are unlocked when a impact is picked up on the sensors. example : a crash.
Can you advise how that can be done? Would be much appreciated as have a nervious passenger when travelling in the city

·
Warning: Constant drifter
112 Posts
go into your ford dealer and say you want that turned on..they might say you cant do it.. so say your freind got it done at his dealer and they plugged their computer into it and changed it to lock when the car is in drive.. and they will most likely do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts