Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NA Fairlane 4.0i
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where can we find some fake woodgrain stuff for the dash of our trusty e-series falcon/fairmont/fairlane. I was told that there are only fake woodgrain set for EF onwards, is it true that my NA fairlane can't get these stuff? And if I can find some of these, what price should I be looking at?

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
how fat is your wallet?

Ford woodgrain - dont bother unless you're willing to pay major bucks. To give you an idea, a piece of it that is about 15 x 3cm with 4 cutouts for buttons for an AU = $75.

try http://www.burgdesign.com.au, they do kits for EF's and EL's, so they may be able to help. Failing that, http://www.dashboardcentre.com.au/ may be able to help you out.

·
NA Fairlane 4.0i
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
laminge said:
I paid $220 for mine a couple of years back for the EB, but that covered everything!
I reckon that's a pretty good price, and it's within my budget, what does the kit included and where did u get it from?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Tibbo hooked me up with some that he got a while ago. It looks like this

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Years back, I once priced some EB GT woodgrains stuff from a wrecker, and all I remember is that I said "no thanks" when I heard the price. :ihi:

Another person to ask would be The Goodz!

·
NA Fairlane 4.0i
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6pAc|30nG|00n said:
Tibbo hooked me up with some that he got a while ago. It looks like this
That's what I'm looking at getting for my NA Fairlane, is that difficult to install? I've tried to make one by myself but doesn't seems to look too good, especially when it is looked closely.

·
E-Series Cameraman
1,388 Posts
That stuff just basically sticks on the panels, so it takes all of 2 mins to install. I've had the stuff around the centre console, the radio panel and trip computer panel. The power window switch panel didn't have a piece for it, so I cut one up out of the piece that was to go on the manual shroud. That part looks like crap and I never really liked it. The trip computer panel woodgrain looks crap too I think now, because it looks like a half assed job. As far as I know a brand new set costs at least $200. To get the whole lot done professionally with proper moulded woodgrain film making it look perfect, costs $350. I say save your pennies and do it properly, because the novelty wears off and it looks like crap from the start.

Alex

·
Sik EA bro
732 Posts
doesnt tickle my fancy, why make a ford look like a benz? :p

-in only like the centre console one
-oh and change your deck ? :p
-maybe get the digispeedo ? i have digi in mine and dad has in his xf so im used to it hhehehe

·
NA Fairlane 4.0i
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got the digital speedo in the NA fairlane already, but just wanna make it a more luxurous cruiser, that's y I'm trying to get ome woodgrain and leather trimming in it.

·
E-Series Cameraman
1,388 Posts
$350 for professional job woodgrain panels which looks fantastic
Around $2500 to retrim all your seats to leather, $200 more or less depending on the quality of the leather you choose, but $2500 is for something in the middle.

I know this because I've asked and I know a bloke who is in the motor trimming industry :)

Alex

·
NA Fairlane 4.0i
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
>why make a ford look like a benz?
I guess making a ford look like a benz is the first mission for Fairlane and LTD

·
NA Fairlane 4.0i
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That's what I've done myself, not a brilliant job, especially when it is looked closely.

·
EB wagon
932 Posts
If you guys live in brisbane, try GDM wrecking at coopers plains. I got 4 x LTD velour trims with woodgrain for $40. I was stoked!!! I removed the woodgrain panels and attached them to my EL fairmont ones. While they dont fit %100 on the front trims (fronts have a slight curve), they still look smick! This is real wood too and i reckon makes a hell of a difference! I'll see if i can get pics! As for the dash, personal opinion is that the woodgrain doesnt match the EA/ED dashes very well.

Brent

1 - 17 of 17 Posts