Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this is my first thread and actually my first forum. I have a 1978 ford falcon 500 hard top. It is supposed to be an ex S.A. highway pursuit car but I can not find any information on these cars. It seems different from other falcon 500 as it came out with a 351, 4v heads, 9 inch, disc brakes, close ratio steering box, and 4 round lights at the front as apposed to two rectangular lights also oil cooler, spoiler and vents on the side. The guy I bought it off said the he bought it from a police auction all those years ago but he has done some work to it.
If anyone could point me in the right direction for information on these cars or could give me any I would be forever gratefull.

·
BA XR8 - yeehaaaaaa!!!
72 Posts
Blackfone,
1978 would make it an XC. It sounds like a GS hardtop as they had the round headlights + round driving lights (ie 4 round). Only the Fairmont & Fairmont GXL has rectangular headlights. My GXL is a Nov 78 build & came with 4 wheel discs & electronic ignition as std (it's only a 302 with 2V heads though). I do have the proper Ford workshop manual for the XC series, so I may be able to help further. PM me if you wish with your compliance plate details ie engine, trans, paint etc & I'll look them up for you. If you are really lucky, pull out the glovebox & you MAY find the build sheet stuck to the underside (I found mine there).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts