Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW, An official Falcon Coupe with 300+kw revealed at the Melbourne Motor Show.

This from Ford Australia's own website.

4.6 litre 32 valve DOHC V8 (supercharged version of the MUSTANG V8)
More than 300kW
0-100km/h in 4.6 secs
Standing – 400m in 12.6 secs
Tremic 6 speed manual transmission all synchro
18” alloy wheels with Pirelli P-Zero ZR18 Asimmetrico tyres

WE HAVE IGNITION!

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
I'm not into the look of that Millard coupe at all..The Hillier conversion is much better IMO. I'd rather not see it sold through FTE dealers. Tickford can do a better job at designing a new kit for it I reckon, give millard the flick, keep AEC. I read an article stating that AEC will have an arrangement with FORD to continue developing for future products, they also said that they are negotiating with another Australian manufacturer.

Checkout...

www.advancedengine.com

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
I haven't seen it in the flesh so I'll leave judgement of that to those who have and the angles of the photos don't give me much room to actually say what it looks like, but I think that if they had involved tickford into the equation as well, there would be a much better bodykit and 100% certainly a much bettter suspension package in that coupe` even though no one has driven it to say that it handles badly, I am sure tickford are the mastars at suspension tuning and would ultimately do the better job.

I guess all will be revelealed as people voice their opinions through the motoring magazines of australia.

Donut King

·
Australia Falcon Member
28 Posts
i agree, the hillier is a much nicer conversion. and a hell of a lot cheaper. $60k vs $100k???

you have $40k left over to play with the engine compared to the Millard job.

If you can't get an engine built for under $40k that won't bounce the 4.6L then you probably have too much money and not enough sense.

on top of that if you already have a ford to cut up the hilliers will do it for $30k (I think that was the price quoted)

my 2c worth.

F

·
0 Posts
hi gfairlie, do you have any pics of your falcon xy? man i love the aussie falcons! you guys got all the great looking falcons!!

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Got MOTOR today also, great story on the 300+, the more I see it, the more I like itm especially the pics MOTOR had. Considering this prototype was put together in just 6 weeks, I guess I wash a little harsh on it when I first saw it at the show, I think the production models will be better in the way the body kit is added on.

Can't wait when they drive the thing.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
I think Motors pictures were awesome aswell. Interesting to see them say that they are considering calling it a GTHO. Considering Mustangs are nearly 90k with only 240kw and less equipment i cant see a problem with 100 of these selling. Super strong gearbox and diff aswell as better quility and a 345.1 ratio. Cant wait for the test either especially if its against the Monaro. There would have to be something wrong with Motor if they dont get it into the high 12s.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
< talk >
< body >
heh, french bah, perfectly normal language to me
< /body >
< / talk >

P.S Anyone with an acute knowledge of html will understand :)

<marquee>
Donut King
</marquee>

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
< talk >
< body >
Ergh, SQL assignment frying brain.

SELECT name, message_to_post
FROM grey_matter_in_head
WHEN message_to_post = avaliable;

Heh, IT gotta love the way it messes with your mind.
< /body >
< /talk >

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Ford Man said:
OK it's official, DK's lost the plot!! ;)
Yep, Definatley lost his marbles...

Go son GO!!...

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Heh.. I've had enough SQL for one lifetime.. that includes PL/SQL on Oracle.. erk..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
12 Participants
Donut King
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing