Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just after some information

I am looking at buying an EL XR6 is about 3 yrs time and i was doing a bit of research through old copies of motor and wheels........and i made a very pleasent discovery.

In the back of Motor (DEC, 94) in the road test data section it lists two very interesting falcons:

Falcon H0 6 (4.0)- 177KW!
Falcon HO 8 (5.0)- wait for it...............................230KW!

These are very impressive numbers considering the time (1994) and makes them both more powerful than todays outputs. They were both automatics and the HO 8 did 0-100km/h in 6.66 sec and the 1/4 mile in 14.5 sec- not bad, especially considering the tranny!

Anyone know anything about them? Are they just a project car similar to the old Alan Jones specials? I think they must have been the ED Series because they were tested in the FEBRUARY 94 edition of MOTOR- ANYONE HAVE A COPY?

·
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast
478 Posts
People bought the XR model of their choice and then sent it to Alan Moffat's workshop for modification into an AMHO.

Engines were supercharged with a Vortech unit. I believe there were even a few Sprints modified like this, imagine how well they went in comparison to the regular 8s.

I do have a couple of car mags with stories but the motivational factor to dig them out of storage is low :p

T

·
0 Posts
they were high output options not the standard 5.0
might have a look in the dunny and go through my private library.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts