Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SVO Mustang Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does yalls Falcon sit on it's own platform or does it share one with an American car? I love the XR8 front end and would love to throw one on an American car if possible.

thanks,
Lon
1985.5 SVO

T

·
0 Posts
THATS A DAMN FINE QUESTION....although I dont know the answer. Anyone else know if the states has a similar platform. Felicity you would have a idea.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
The Falcon platform is unique to Australia. The floorpan dates back many, many years although changes have been made in that time to accommodate changes such as suspensions.

The answer is that outside of Australia there is nothing linked to Falcon.

G

·
0 Posts
There has been rumors Falcon and Mustang may share platform in the 5 - 6 years time.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Yeah, i've read articles on the Falcon/Mustang shared platform. The 2005 Falcon is supposed to have this.

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
I have heard those rumours about the Mustang and Falcon sharing bits too........

Hey, read an article about GM stopping production of their Camaro etc, cause the Mustang is kicking their butts in sales.................S*$T HOT

Jas

·
SVO Mustang Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the answer. Maybe I'll get an SVT Contour and pretend.

As far as the Mustang and Falcon sharing a platform, the new Mustang due some time in 2003 is going to be on the same platform as the new Thunderbird, the Lincoln LS and the Jag S Type. The Mustang version will have a shortened wheelbase from the current platform and since the Falcon is a 4dr, this platform seems like a good choice since it is a V8, rear wheel drive, platform designed to accommodate a 4dr car.

And yes the Camaro is going away, but probably not forever. It will probably do something like the Thunderbird-skip one or two year models and then come back as a new car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts