Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Australian Ford Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading an article on Drive.com.au:
"Britain's AC Cobra roadster, the two-seater coupe is to be offered with the LPG-fueled version of Ford Australia's ubiquitous Falcon six-cylinder engine".

Also, there may be another deal in which Australian-built, LPG-fuelled Falcon utes are to be exported to the UK.

This would be great news for Ford Australia. I can't understand why Ford doesn't export the Falcon to more countries around the world. It would kick so much A$$!

Here is the article:
http://www.drive.com.au/news/default.asp?section=news&page=http://drive.fairfax.com.au/content/20010813/news/news1.html

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Hobbes said:
Hmm, so it joins the HSV Maloo as Aussie ute's in the UK ...
So what were those sales figures again??????????????

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Was reading somewhere that the head of Prodrive had a fang in a 220kW XR8 just recently and walked away very very impressed! :D

Now where did I see it, and why didn't I make a note of it??? Hmm... *puts on the cap of searching*

·
2,153 Posts
el2xr8 said:
Was reading somewhere that the head of Prodrive had a fang in a 220kW XR8 just recently and walked away very very impressed! :D

Now where did I see it, and why didn't I make a note of it??? Hmm... *puts on the cap of searching*

in the Herald Sun on Friday:

Ford looks to put some grunt into the Asia-Pacific region, writes ANDREW MacLEAN

FORD'S Tickford Vehicle Engineering could become the blue oval's hot rod shop for the Asia-Pacific region.

Tickford produces the FTe range of go-faster Falcons and re-engineers the iconic American Mustang to right-hand drive for Australia.

But David Richards, the boss of British-based engineering company Prodrive, which recently took control of Tickford's worldwide operations, believes the Aussie arm has huge potential and could even produce hotted-up small cars in the future.

"I see Tickford as the performance car experts for Ford in the whole region ," Richards, who jetted through Melbourne this week, says.

"We are there as a resource for Ford Motor Company to give them something different in the market.

"And it's important that we are flexible in that arrangement.

"If the market wants us to do small cars then we'll have to move with them."

While there is nothing certain in the pipeline, future Tickford-tweaked small -car projects could include a faster version of the next-generation Laser or even the award-winning Focus.

And it could even extend as far down the small car family tree to include the baby car that will eventually replace the Festiva.

Richards says Tickford will remain as the public name of Ford's high- performance cars, but says Prodrive, which also runs the factory Subaru World Rally Championship, can help behind the scenes in terms of engineering expertise and resources.

"I don't see us, certainly in the public arena, as taking anything away from Tickford -- it will stay as it is. "

While Tickford's FTe Falcon range has struggled to capture the sales Ford had expected, Richards was extremely impressed by the XR8 with the new 220kW V8 he drove in Melbourne.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Ah yes! Thanking you... :D

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Maybe if that editor put half of his reasearch into the XR ute and not gone out of his way to stereotype us he might have said something half decent, apart from that last paragraph i mean.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
And as for the head of prodrive, well of course he's going to say good things about it. I wish he drove the VX too and compared them both, but then where would that leave the guys at MOTOR?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts