Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am continually arguing with a mate of mine about Ford and holden. Recently he brought up the point of sales and Holden selling more Bomadores than Ford, and cars all up. Now i am continually reading about waiting lists for the falcons. So 2 questions.
1. How long do you have to wait for a falcon wether it be a XT or GT-P
2. What is Fords output per day?
any help/ website with articles would be apreciated

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
i know that both holden and ford publicly agreed at the start of the model that holden has and probably always will make more cars than ford per year. this is because of the plant being bigger than fords. oh, if you want an XT and dont care too much about colour, you can go to your local dealer and buy 1 any day of the week.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
davway said:
i oh, if you want an XT and dont care too much about colour, you can go to your local dealer and buy 1 any day of the week.
Can't speak for other dealers but that's not the case here. We have very few XT's in stock. Most are sold although there are plenty of Futuras and Fairmonts sitting around. There is a reasonable amount of XR's, although delivery times always depend on options and colours.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
You can basically get any model off the floor if your happy to take any colour/any transmission and any options. The only model that has a real supply issue is the XR6 Turbo, XR6 N/A are also hard to come by lately and as RATT just said XT's are becoming difficult to come by as many fleet companys bulk purchase these cars.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Agreed although there are a few XR6T around now but they will disappear. Surprisingly we had 6 XR6T utes and I thought it might be a struggle moving them all, but it couldn't be further from the truth. All but 2 have gone in Jan.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I dont know about the sales, I think the others have answered that, but as far as out put goes we're making 430+ engines every day and slowly ramping up.That includes about 40 - 50 turbo's a day.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
As far as FPV vehicle i know when i ordered mine it took about 13weeks before i got it.
Cheers John

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Waiting time should be about 6 weeks for any vehicle in the range including Turbos. My brothers Turbo only took six weeks and so did my XR8.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I Have a new XT company car on order to replace the commode (yay!). It was ordered mid december and was to be acid rush. I got a call the week before last to say that Acid Rush was discontinued and would I like to pick another colour. Depending on the colour the wait could be up to 6 weeks as the leasing company we deal with asks for new stock, not floor stock. I asked what was on the floor in Canberra and I will get a new offshore XT on Thursday or Friday. (Hopefuly a runout special with Mags etc)
Regds,
Tote

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
I ordered my XR8 in early December 03 and the dealer claims that it should be ready mid to end Feb 04. I did order some optional items which they claim can delay delivery.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Another factor is that dealers are allocated a certain amount of cars per month and if it goes above that allocation there may be a wait. This is especially the case with FPV who wil build only a certain amount of cars.

·
OFR #7
322 Posts
WHISKIE BOY said:
I dont know about the sales, I think the others have answered that, but as far as out put goes we're making 430+ engines every day and slowly ramping up.That includes about 40 - 50 turbo's a day.
Is this just I6's, or does it include the V8's?

Holden have it over Ford in the numbers game because they run more shifts and have more than one line. i.e more capacity!

I ordered my XR6T last week and was told 4 weeks. Probably because of the options.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered mine on December 15th, A nice new XR-8 with all the fruit. It's in final assembly as of yesterday and will be delivered in 3 weeks. This takes into account, shipping it across the continent and dealer delivery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts