Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this week, the last of my E-series left the household!

A few months ago, my EF made way for a Blue Flame Focus due to several persistant problems that plagued the car, such as noisy brakes and warped wheels. The E-series spirit lived on in my brothers ED, but finally its problems caught up with it. Bad brakes, engine temperature problems, constant false coolant warnings, and rust starting (in the filler cap, under the R/H tail light assembly, and where the rear window meets the roof) led to it being traded in on a 2001 Champagne Ford Laser!

So now both my brother and I are 5 speed manual, 5 door hatch front wheel drivers! And our fuel bills stay half of what they used to be, no matter how long you spend over 6 grand! ;)

The sheer power and torque will be missed, but alot of other things won't :AAHHH:

At any rate, we've both been to many E-series cruises, and made some awesome friends. We've spent many hours playing with and modding the E-series, and are glad we've had the chance to be part of the club.

Best moments: Crazy #eseries chat, the E-series magazines (who will pick up the gauntlet??), getting lost in Victoria (damn VicRoads), dragging in Victoria, E-series at the Summernats, Sydney Drive-Ins, Jack's leaping cow and dolphin, Ronald McIdiot hanging from the tree, large_trout-fest, and much more that escapes me at the moment.

Thanks to all who have made this time most memorable, alot of you out there are genuinely great people. Thanks and I look forward to your friendships in the future!

Cheers.... Tim!

:edit: And just one final note: I never owned an E-series that didn't blow a head gasket, which taught me the ins and outs of the E-series cooling system! The EF was at 90 thousands kms too :fraz: But happy thoughts, happy thoughts....

·
XE Wagon owner
2,125 Posts
I'm glad you & your brother are having so much fun in your cars ;)

Hope this doesnt mean you arn't going to snob us now :p

Hehehehehheheee

:fairy

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
keep in touch tim :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sorry to see someone leaving the E-series fraternity! I've owned my ED for about three years now & whilst temperamental (it's pretty damn modified!) she's been rather good to me reliablility wise. I've only just discovered the E-Series club. I was hoping to go on a cruise with the club sometime soon before I sell the old girl, sorry to hear you guys won't be part of it. That was one neat looking EF!!!

·
E-Series Cameraman
1,388 Posts
BAH! TRAITORS! Hehe j/k... As long as you're happy with your new wheels, it's all good :) But make sure you hang around, otherwise we'll chain you to an EA...

Alex

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
sad to see ya go mate ,im sure you will get another one ,oneday mate

cheers jarrod

·
Formerly: SmokeEA
1,117 Posts
Tim, for the limited time i've known you, i 've only had admiration and respect, so unfortunate as it is, i wish u good luck and a reminder that this club should continue to benefit in the future from your wealth of knowledge as i belive it would be a total loss, if u were to not remain around to spread the help only you could truly provide.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Sad to see ya go, but I completely understand your decision and back you up on that. I may need to do that soon too so I felt a bit at ease when you mentioned the sale of your car for a 4 banger.

·
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for comments all!

I hope the E-series club goes from strength to strength, they still catch my eye when I am out and around!

Enjoy your cars, nothing really substitues for a big rear wheel drive, but you get that!

Cheers....... Tim!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts