Ford Forums banner

Fastest Naturally Aspirated Big Block???

7K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  marcuss 
#1 ·
Anyone whom knows anyone or has got a fast naturally aspirated Big Block over 1/4 mile in Full Weight Car (Close to factory Weight at least) Please let me know .... Jai Schluter 9.58 secs at 142 mph in xc coupe 3550 pounds

#2 ·
Hmm , the quickest other ford big blocks that come to mind are the white capri with the 454 chev that used to get around Sydney that was good for high nines or my all time fav car...

Rob Bertolluci (sp?) who pulls similar times to that in an XB coupe thats running a 502 with NOS. I think he runs like flat to low tens with no NOS and drives the car to and from the track (or used to anyway) up in Queensland.

#3 ·
There is a Big Block ZF Fairlane in Geelong that pulls some pretty good times. It did a 9.46 @ 143.2 in 2001. I'm pretty sure they have got it a bit better sorted now and it is pulling 160 mph at the end of the 1/4. A link with details is below.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/Joey73/S.V.O. 600.htm

#4 ·
My old boss, chris soldardtis from castlemaine, has a chev 502 that runs 7.2 n/a, not sure of the mph, but that is in an alterd(sp), which is nowhere near a full weight road car.
I believe he still holds the record for an n/a car in Australia.

#11 ·
I don't think my dragster counts. But for the sake of argument here are its stats.

Near stock 460 (+.030") .520 lift hydraulic Crane cam, 850DP Methanol Holley on a Torquer II 460 Manifold. Allfast 3200rpm converter. Shift-kitted C6. 4.56:1 Sommers Bros 9" spool. 36x17 Goodyear tyres Chassis length is 240 inches. Weight is 1790lbs without driver.

Best et to date is 10.41 (@ 130mph). Best speed to date is 132mph (et 10.45) Best 60' time is 1.55secs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.