Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mulberry Rain
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know this is an old post...but I'm really interested in what you guys have to say about this matter, because im fed up.

I posted a while ago about my AU II Futura, about 4 months in our hands now, that has been keyed numerous times and had doors slammed into it.

The paintjob was almost perfect once and was one of the reasons we bought it....but some indiot/s have not only scracthed the car again, but have also slammed another door into it. So now we have a blue mark and a white mark, and many scratches...

What honestly should I do? I catch the train in the morning, which is why this is happening, but the train to too far to walk from and my bike would get stolen in a heart beat if I rode to it.

I want an XB coupe that im saving for in a few months, but there is no way i'd ever let that be keyed....

Should I buy a really cheap car? Should I invest money in building an instant teleporation machine?

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I spend a lot of time choosing where I park and who I park next to......

·
Registered
847 Posts
go the teleporter even then though, mysteriously, your car would still get scratched... ;)

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Buy a really cheap piece of crap, that looks OK, otherwise it will be presumed dumped and anything could happen ;0), leave that at the station.

120y auto is a good car, no one would joy ride in it, or touch it, they would fall over laughing first

Jason

·
Mulberry Rain
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dellboy999 said:
Buy a really cheap piece of crap, that looks OK, otherwise it will be presumed dumped and anything could happen ;0), leave that at the station.

120y auto is a good car, no one would joy ride in it, or touch it, they would fall over laughing first

Jason
I'd thought about something like that....it might seem a little strange though, cos I just gave away a 81' sigma for a carton of beer only 6 months ago :)

I had another idea tho... I repaint the car with some kind of paint that contains gas that sends people to sleep... so when they scratch the car, they fall asleep, and I come by with a bat..

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
But Sigma's suck, they use more OIL then PETROL .......... hehehehehehe

Get an old Ford Laser, small, easy to park, 1.3 so cheap to run, and you still have a Ford to the bargain :0), find a ghia and should get A/C for the drive home on a stinkin hot QLD day.

Jason

·
Mr Sensible...
115 Posts
There are some very jealous and 'distrbed' people out there. Revenge is a aspect of our mind that can amuse us but in the end backfires. My poor mums new Lantra has had its bumper scratched, lhs side panels dinted and some (avoid profantities Scarscream) scratched a key right across the top bumper. It does the world is slowly going the way of Mad Max but I intend to do the right thing. As AP says look where you park and where its located to 'communities' out there. I perfer to park near newer cars (never near 4WD's or incorrectly park cars) and within view close of a entry to a shopping centre. So those malicious thugs get exposed. Otherwise I'll park my car nowhere near a shopping centre near a backstreet and go for a walk, excercise always helps. This clever strategy has limited the ignoratant, vengeful, stupid, fogetful people from harming my pride and joy. Or you can move out to the bush where people respect things a tad better.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Dellboy999 said:
But Sigma's suck, they use more OIL then PETROL .......... hehehehehehe

Jason

lol my astron II unleaded 2.6L 5spd RWD sigma owned... at least it owned my mates VK on several occasions. Cost me sweet FA to run, spent 300 bucks on mech fixes, 280 of that just because i thought it was important although you could have left it.

·
Not a Twink
1,086 Posts
Unfortunatly, parking at shopping centers or train stations everyday will lead to the inevitable... Scratches and dents !

Get yourself a peice of shit and use that for parking up in places like that.

·
Mulberry Rain
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still.... I can't really afford to buy a car that I take to train stations and supermarkets because by doing that, we wouldn't really need the futura that much. If it was a Ts50 then thats a completely different story :wnc:

However, I will investigate safer places to park it...

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
i really do feel sorry for u guys that have this happen to yas... i cant imagine the anger id feel if i came out to find my car like that... all i can say is living in the country your a little bit less prone to these sort of happenings, but im not saying it dosnt happen!!! i just hope that when i finally get my P's and start drivin round that noone decides to key my car just because they feel like it or that their jealous... i dnt think id hold back if i caught them. but anyway i think all u can do is if u have to drive, try to find a safer place! best of luck. cheers
shannon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts